2012 Empress National Show - March 9, 10, 11 - St. Joseph, MO

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mutation Awards

White
CC - La Paloma (Pink white)
RCC - Shahna Thomas (White mosaic)
3rd - Cassie Kiefer (Pink white)

Saphires
CC - Mark Miller
RCC - Mark Miller
3rd - None

Violets
CC - Shahna Thomas
RCC - None
3rd - None

Beige
CC - Wendy Torgerson
RCC - La Paloma
3rd - Wendy Torgerson

Ebony
CC - La Paloma
RCC - La Paloma
3rd - La Paloma

Black Velvet
CC - Wendy Torgerson
RCC - Wendy Torgerson
3rd - La Paloma

GRAND SHOW: Wendy Torgerson
RESERVE GRAND SHOW: Wendy Torgerson
3rd BEST: Wendy Torgerson

Thanks Therese for helping me fill in all the blanks and report the results!

I must say that I am fairly certain Wendy only brought 4 Mutations and she cleaned house. This STRONGLY emphasises the point of Quality vs. Quantity. Way to go Wendy!

One standard and four mutes were all that looked marginally decent to me, so Shahna is right: I only showed 5 total! I would have PANICKED with a full string to groom like the Cali girls! Did you ladies even sleep?! :)

I had a wonderful time at the National, and even if i'll never have a full string to show because my herd is so small, I still look forward seeing everyone's glorious chinnies next year & to socializing! Can the banquet "theme" be determined early? I need to watch the clearance racks, LOL! Besides, shoe shopping at the last minute this year was more stressful than pre-grooming the chins (including the "black menace").;)

designer chins said:
I would have PANICKED with a full string to groom like the Cali girls! Did you ladies even sleep?! :)

What's this sleep you speak of?? :p We take naps!

designer chins said:
Can the banquet "theme" be determined early? I need to watch the clearance racks, LOL! Besides, shoe shopping at the last minute this year was more stressful than pre-grooming the chins (including the "black menace").;)

I think its safe to say if you buy every colored dress in the rainbow, you'll be covered. ;) I'm gonna see how long I can ride out the "photographer" theme...if they only will let me.....:tease:

Oh no! No more mere photographer!! Start dress shopping!:neener:

I agree! Otherwise, Sarah will just send along like 20 dresses and we'll all overpower you into one of them, Therese. ;)

Congrats again to all the winners! I can't wait to be there next year and join in on all of the fun!

I'd also like to say...you ladies made a gorgeous group of white and gold! It's so good to see the formal wear again!

I agree! Otherwise, Sarah will just send along like 20 dresses and we'll all overpower you into one of them, Therese. ;)

Oh but did she try!! She was trying to get me into a hot pink sequiny, girly mess of a dress! I could NOT rock that one for sure.

This was my first National show and it was a good learning experience for me. I made off with 4 animals to help start my breeding line. Gary Neubauer was kind enough to part with one of his ebony girls. I'm excited for next year and hope I can attend, even if I don't have animals to show.

Back