2 days after having babies, bleeding from vagina

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh! I have been following your thread and got so excited after reading that they spayed her and she seemed to be doing ok afterwards. I'm so sorry for your loss.

That photo of Cinder rolling in the bath is precious.

I am really sorry for your loss. :(

Thanks everyone. She was one of our "girls" - we still have her two sisters, Kani and Ember, but she was the one that would let you scratch her and pick her up real easy and she was just a great chin. Not to say the others (or any of my chins) are bad chins or anything, but she was a sweetheart.

That dust pic was taken just a few days before she delivered, she was just loving it and rolling around to her heart's content. Just pulled out the camera card to look at unrelated pics, and found this pic

cinder_7.jpg

Same here--been following the thread and did not expect her to go like that. I am so incredibly sorry. At least you know you did everything you possibly could do.

Thanks everyone. I can't wait to see how the babies turn out. I already had named the med/dark eb boy Deuce on the first day, which is a bad sign (haha) because typically if I name them before they're weaned they never leave. So I hope he turns out good if he's staying here anyway! He may turn out to look just like mom.

Thanks. I feel so out of it right now. I've had chins die before, two adult rescues I got in died within a few days of having them here, despite our efforts, and I've had kits die... but I've never had a chin die that I've owned for any length of time (she was maybe a year and a half, maybe a bit less). My first original chins are still here and doing good, 8 yrs later. I can't imagine what'll happen when they die.

Latest posts

Back