1164 grams! Guess how many? When?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chinniechantel

My huge gorgeous white ebony v/c, Lola, my pride and joy, is hopefully ready to pop anyday now. She is 7 now, and the time before last time gave me beautiful quads, 3 ebonies and a violet wrap, and last time one huge white ebony kit, Minimoo. I have only had her for a few years.

She actually kacked at me today, which prompted me to get her weight because she just looks huge- we need a 5" hole in her house instead of a 4". She is 1164 grams! The sire is an extra dark ebony v/c. I bought them as a breeding trio a few years ago, along with a v/c female. They are my favorite breeders by far, even though I have only had 2 litters from them.

I would get pictures of her, but feel to bad to torture her! Here is her daughter Minimoo- getting huge as well!

Minimoo as a kit- 74 grams I think at birth!

2820779.jpg

A few months ago...

IMG_4103.jpg

IMG_3980-1.jpg

The sire

knight.jpg

And the quads....(we lost one after the first few days)
trips3.jpg

How many this time, and when do you think? I never do this, but she is 7 years old now, and won't have too many more litters, and I just love every single one of her kits she has had, so I get super excited. It seems like she starts to show right away, so the 111 days goes by very slowly. She is always in a baby safe cage, because she always looks pregnant!

I'll say quads since I've been getting alot this year hopefully I can pass some to you. She will have 3 girls and a boy, 2 girls will be ebony v/c the other girl will be white violet and the boy will be an violet. She'll have them June 24th. And they will all be over 40 grams.

I'll also say quads - two violet wraps , a white violet, and an ebony v/c! Sexes by mother nature, on the 25th!!

how much did she weight the last time when she had the quads?? - right now I will guess 7/4 with quads

She usually stops gaining right around this weight, she actually gained more (30 grams more) with the single kit than she did with the quads! Crazy.

I am just hoping for a healthy birth, babies, and a happy mother!! She is an absolutely gorgeous girl! The sire isn't too bad either :eek:)

Sorry, I have no guess...but the poor girl must be miserable! She'll be happy to birth these kits! I can't wait to find out what she has and we definitely have to see pics!

No babies yet! She won't even chew her apple wood or pumice so I think it is soon..she pushed me away- hard too- and she usually loves scritches in her neck fat rolls!

My sapphire s/c pair is about to burst too! I felt at least 2 babies kicking me today, hopefully I will get my first sapphire after about 20 carriers here!

Latest posts

Back