Zippers on fleece liner

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kurilla22

I recently bought a new FN 182. I took the plastic pans and covered them in fleece, kind of making a pillow case type cover for them. The problem is that both of my chins are major chewers and keep pulling the covers off. The one burrows under the liner and chewed a hole in the pan in the middle of the night. Is it safe to put a zipper on the liner? Im running out of ideas and I don't want to waste the liners I already have.

Have you looked into bass pans? They are metal and will take the place of your plastic pans. I have them in my cages with liners.

I have a 141 and have the plastic pan wrapped in fleece in a pillow case style. The open end is a little bit longer so it can tuck under the pan. That way they don't pull it up. Is that what yours is like?

Mine is 2 pieces of fleece and a towel. It looks like a pillow case, but the towel is sewn under the top piece of fleece. Then it's sewn on 3 sides, allowing the pan to be slid in. So it's Fleece, Towel, Pan, then Fleece. The open end is about 6 inches or so longer than the actual pan, so it is able to fold under.

I'm not sure how yours is right now or not, but that way has been working for me. I have also heard of people using velcro.

Mine are the pillowcase style as well and I have a girl that used to dig under and chew. I just put a few binder clips on the edge of the pan holding the liner in place at the end where it folds under.

I have heard of people using velcros well. We have used binder clips in the past when we had some of ours digging the fleece up.

I have a 141 and have the plastic pan wrapped in fleece in a pillow case style. The open end is a little bit longer so it can tuck under the pan. That way they don't pull it up. Is that what yours is like?

Mine is 2 pieces of fleece and a towel. It looks like a pillow case, but the towel is sewn under the top piece of fleece. Then it's sewn on 3 sides, allowing the pan to be slid in. So it's Fleece, Towel, Pan, then Fleece. The open end is about 6 inches or so longer than the actual pan, so it is able to fold under.

I'm not sure how yours is right now or not, but that way has been working for me. I have also heard of people using velcro.

Mine is like yours minus the towel and the open end isn't quite as long.
Once I get more money I'm probably going to get the bass pans. I suppose I will try sewing an extra piece of fleece to the open end of the liner and putting Velcro on it. Thanks for all the suggestions! :)

well you could I considered this lol if mine decided to dig I was ready

mine are pillow case style and I suck at seeing zippers
so why not on the flaps sew a strip f fleece so that you could tie a knot?

3 knots top middle bottom

if they really want to pull it they'll need to flip the pan
♪(*^^)o∀*∀o(^^*)♪

Back