z14...73 grams

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starleomach

Dawnna's Keeper
Today Danube (standard sc) had a monster of a male. He is a standard sc Dad is a sapphire, both got 1st at nationals a few years ago. He came into the world at 73 grams.

Here are the required pics lol. On by my hand to show size and one with a 2 1/2 week old kit for size comparison...pooor momma is doing great after squeezing that watermelon out. I have named him Tuttle

If I hadn't come home to him wet I would have freaked thinking I somehow missed him for a few days...which would be impossible being I cleaned yesterday and I know what goes on in the room. He must have over cooked LOL

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

The last two babies born here were 68 and 61 grams...73 is humongous!

Don't tell anyone, but I love the overcooked giant babies. Actually, I love them when everything goes perfectly and I walk in to find the babies born and the mamas doing well.

Congrats on the big baby! :)

Geez, you really need to visit the chin room more often than every other week :hilarious:
I never used to be a jealous person, but I am becoming so jealous of those with baby chins

Yeah! Huge babies are awesome! He's adorable, Kristy! Congrats on a healthy monster!

Haha! If you have any other pregnant chins living near her, they're probably all thinking, "Dear God, NO!!! I don't wanna have this baby anymore!!"

That might be the human equivalent of giving birth to a Butterball turkey!!

Cutiepatootie, though!! ;)

Back