Your Chin's Favorite Toy

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wonder what it is about vaccuums that drives chins mad. Mine go bonkers everytime I take it out to clean some chin poo and they charge right for it....Fiesty little beasts!

Don't really know if this classifies as a TOY, but for playtime, she loves to tug on my socks. She'll tug til she gets one off, go stash it behind the toilet, then come to nibble on my toes.

Same with Trixie. I have a balled up sock and she loves to snuggle with it at playtime. Another thing she likes is a brown paper bag. It is a lunch bag, and I cut the bottom out, so it is a slick tunnel. Her next favorite is an oversized empty TP roll. The kind you might find in a store or restaurant bathroom. There was one on the counter once when I was in a public bathroom, so I nabbed it. There is no glue on it. It is not quite big around for her to crawl through, but she loves to push it around and chew on it.

There are plenty toys that mochi cannot resist: (most to least)
sand bath-OF CUZ!
a running wheel
A small and round fruit (apple/orange/pear)-she would push and roll it around to try to sink her teeth into a giant fruit (compare to her size). *be sure to push it away before she succeed
Apple twigs
pumice stones -the regular petstore brand (flavored colored triangles)
tiny cardboard bagels
TP tube stuffed with hay
rings of loofah
a small bell attached to her cage
wood cubes-she can roll it down the bridge, and picks it up over and over again
wood kabob with bell

5' cardboard tubes to tunnel through seems to be their favourite plaything as well as cardboard boxes with holes cut out of them. I also have a cat climber that they run up and down and hang out in the little boxes. They also love their Chin Spin and Saucer too.

ChanelPip077.jpg

Zeke is the only one with these cardboard chubes and he's in there a lot.
004-4.jpg

During playtime, I'm Tink's favorite toy. She jumps on me and goes after my toes. I have to keep socks on because she tickles my feet so much when she gnaws on them!

I'd have to say her saucer is her favorite toy. She also spends a lot of time in her maze and loves to chew on apple sticks and lava wedges.

During playtime, I'm Tink's favorite toy. She jumps on me and goes after my toes. I have to keep socks on because she tickles my feet so much when she gnaws on them!

I'd have to say her saucer is her favorite toy. She also spends a lot of time in her maze and loves to chew on apple sticks and lava wedges.

maze? that sounds fun. do you have a picture of it? i'm very intrigued.

My chins absolutely love their wheel, thankfully I've learned to sleep through the loud metal banging as my apartment is kind of small. During playtime I love putting different things in there all of the time, whatever is available at the moment. Cardboard tubes, cleaned glass bottles just so they can sniff and jump around them like an obstacle course, cardboard boxes that I cut holes in and stack on top of eachother. But of course one of their favorite toys is eachother. It's so cute to watch them chase eachother especially when they each enter an opposite side of a long narrow box and meet in the middle. It's funny that nipping your toes has come up several times in this thread, we always just thought our chins had some kind of weird obsession.

what type of fence is that?
I bought a tall puppy gate from midwest but gretzky fit his head between the opening on the first time out so I used this metal mesh stuff and lined the bottom 1/2 way up so he couldnt get out. But its a pain to move around bc of the new mesh.
Just wonder.
thxs

Tinks spends most of her time in her maze, her home away from home!

IMG_1583.jpg
IMG_1582.jpg

Sidney Crosby loves this toy that I made her out of scraps of fleece. I got one of those real big bagels (cardboard) and I took strips of fleece and knotted them around it till it was all full. She takes it in her mouth and flips it up over the back of her head and carries it all around the cage. It looks so funny its like she has a lions mane! She also likes her elephant (affectionately named Elephante: sounds like elephantay) cuddle buddy. She sleeps on him but also throws him around. The funniest is when she brings her elephant into the fleece tube w/her and they are both squished in at once!

My chin's favorite thing to do in her cage is to chew on her wood toys and outside of her cage she loves climbing and jumping on my desk, bed and dresser.

Oh gosh, I don't know! He really likes all of his toys and plays with them pretty equally :)
He has assorted loofahs, wooden toys, little fleece pillows and lava blocks.

Latest posts

Back