Wood Crazy!!!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liewwan

I idea of getting wood from orchards from someone. After many phone calls, I located a organic orchard that carries grape vines, apple wood and pear wood. Guy told me I can have all the wood/vines I want as long as I help him trim. I'm getting my saw and clippers ready. It's amazing how we slave ourselves for our chins. I love wood!
:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Haha i was thinking the same thing the other day, i trimmed one apple tree in my garden and after the swelling of my hands on the trimmers im dreading the other trees :D It all seems worth it though when i see them munching away happily......and did i mention the spiders !!! My mom was laughing soo hard because the spiders seem to like me and i can honestly say that that spider really was chasing me around the room :D

Hey no one mentioned spiders:wacko: (I'm very afraid of spiders)
Well if the person can deal with my screaming every time I see a spider I think we're good.
**note to self, "BRING GLOVES" :laughitup:
LOL the spider is mad at you for cutting his branch down.
Well we all know what I can haul for hay in my civic, Lets see how it does with wood hehehe.

oh my...... the Honda haymobile is now the woodmobile? :rofl:

:hilarious:Yeppers. See Honda is not only known for their everlasting, it's now known as their super spacious cargo for my chins to enjoy and go into kill mode with :hilarious:

Oh yes i screamed at every spider, then i shouted my bf to come and get the spider....I dont even know where the spiders came from i didnt see them when i was cutting the branches haha :D:D:D

HAAAA!

I laugh, but spiders scare the tar out of me. I hate them and they make me scream and try to run. It's probably very hilarious to others watching..for me, it's absolutely horrific.

As for the wood, I hope that that works out. I've been trying for years to get an organic apple orchard to let me buy wood from them. Someday I am just going to show up and make them let me buy wood from them. :)

LMFAO!
I had a spider landed on my files at work while walking back to my desk. My coworkers told me all they heard was a loud scream (like someone was being murdered), then follow by a bunch of papers being flung in the air and they swear they never seen me run so fast. It was a laugh with the whole company, however I was called into my managers office for noise disturbance. Explained to her what happened and she laughed so hard she was crying.
I really HATE spiders!

Susan:
Offer that you'll help them trim! That's how I'm getting the free wood. The guy said that's the weirdest yet funniest request ever.

i contacted some local organic orchards here in the spring, and the one that did get back to me was quite astounded that i wanted their 'wood garbage pile' (as he referred to it as) for a pet rodent, lol!

my only problem is transportation, ugh. most orchards are out of the city a ways, i don't drive, and my list of chin loving local friends that would be willing to get their car interiors all gunky with wood is very very small..... :((

Speaking of spiders. My daughter is terrified of them. One year she got a live Christmas tee at a Christmas tree farm. Once she got it in the house for a day, spiders started hatching. They were all over the place. She had her then husband drag the thing out and sprayed the house like crazy - she was freaking out. To this day, she refuses to have a live Christmas tree - has to be artificial.

Susan: yep they do start trimming as early as December for apple and pear. Grapes they start this month.

Mt. Zion Chins: This is why I've always used fake trees lol. Oh I feel bad for your daughter. I would've torched the tree hehehe.

Back