Wisconsin MCBA show October 13

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

designer chins

I know this show was mentioned in the Wisconsin events thread but I thought we could start a thread exclusively for the show. I hope to convince Brenda to post all the relevant hotel, judge and address details so I don't mess anything up! :). Who is planning to attend? How are the show bunnies looking?! I just groomed everyone in the showroom, and my neck, arm, and hand are tired! It was worth it though: I have to get these guys in shape! Now if the heat would let up and everybody would grow that would be awesome...

Chime in if you are coming and let us know how your chinnies are looking! :dance3:

Thrilled you are coming to our show, but I find it very hard to believe your bunnies look like doo doo! You are not fooling us: we know better! ;)

I'm coming!!!I can't wait!!! I just need to make sure I can get a ride to and from Madison to the airport.

I won't have any chins to show, but I will be thrilled to admire everyone else's (and maybe snuggle a few)!!!

Be sure to have lots of wonderful raffle items -- you guys always have the BEST!!!

I have 20 to potentially show.... I will hopefully be there. It will depend on the one I have on the way LOL. she. better be a good Jr breeder and cooperate

Thanks for starting an official thread, Wendy!
I just got off the phone with Deer Valley - they are willing to block off some rooms for us. Must be different management than when I asked a few years back.

Here are the show details....

Set up at the Barneveld American Legion Hall at 101 Wood Street, Barneveld, WI will start at 6 pm Friday evening.

Registration Friday night until 9 pm and Saturday morning from 6 am until 8:30 am.

Entry fees - $4 per animal for MCBA and sister organization members/$5 for non-members.

Grooming Saturday morning from 6 am until 9 am.

Classification starts at 9:00, with the live animal show to follow.

Judging by Beth Ann Connell.

Lunch will again be our famous cook out - grilled burgers and brats with sides provided by our terrific membership!
$5 per person.

We will have a Baby Derby! Chins 8 weeks to 6 months can enter. Entry fees apply.

The show is an Silent auction, with a table for auction animals that are not being shown. Entry fees apply.

Bring extra money not only to buy animals, but to buy raffle tickets!
We have some terrific raffle items already in the works!

We have trophies available for sponsorship for $25.
Show book ads are $20 for a full page, $10 for a half page and $5 for a business card-sized ad.

Deer Valley Lodge is right at the Barneveld exit. They are blocking off some rooms for us and have a water park.
Tell them you are with MCBA. Friday night is $99, Sat $119.
Deer Valley Lodge
401 West Industrial Drive
Barneveld, WI 53507
(888) 924-1601
(608) 924-1600
www.Deer ValleyLodgeWI.com

There are a couple of hotels in Mt. Horeb, WI, as well, which is about 15 minutes east of Barneveld.

Karakahl Country Inn Mount Horeb Village Inn Motel
1405 Business Highway 18/151 East 701 Springdale Street
Mt Horeb, WI 53572 Mount Horeb WI 53572
(608) 437-5545 (608) 437-3350
www.littlebedder.com

If you have questions about the show, please contact - Brenda Walter - at [email protected] or by phone - 608.235.2741.

I just realized the hotels listed a the end were all jumbled together, so here they are unjumbled.

Karakahl Country Inn Mount Horeb
1405 Business Highway 18/151
Mt Horeb, WI 53572
(608) 437-5545

Village Inn Motel
East 701 Springdale Street
Mount Horeb WI 53572
(608) 437-3350
www.littlebedder.com

We will have a raffle table again, as previous. All donations are welcome. We usually have some pretty cool stuff. :)

Can't wait to see everyone again!!

We would like to attend the show this year. Is it a very big show, i mean how many animals are usually there? We like the fact that it is early in the season. Some of our animals will be in breeding by the time Nationals come around.

My chins will be staying home but I would love to come to the show just to see what it's all about. :)

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

We would like to attend the show this year. Is it a very big show, i mean how many animals are usually there? We like the fact that it is early in the season. Some of our animals will be in breeding by the time Nationals come around.

We would be thrilled if you were able to attend! I think we had 130 or so entries last year? Brenda might know the specific number, but I know Ralph & Brit were not in attendance last fall nor Jags so that brings the numbers down a bit. Hopefully a big Michigan car pool of Jags & Becky plus an Ohio carpool of Shoots/Brit/ and you roll right in to Wisconsin!! :)

We'd love to see you, Jeoff! We usually have 120-150 animals, so a pretty good-sized show for this day and age.

And Rockka - come join the fun! You'll lean a ton! :)

I was hoping to be able to go to my first show, especially since it's only 3 hours away from me, BUT of course I am on-call for work this weekend! I have it up on the swapboard and can hopefully trade with someone. I've never been to a chin show, or any other animal show, but would love to come check it out.

This may be a stupid question, so I apologize in advance -- is the show just the 13th?

We have something we've already planned for that weekend so we're trying to see if we can do the show Saturday and squeeze in our other plans on Sunday.

Yes, just Saturday. We pack all this fun into one day, though there is set up Friday night if people come in early and wish to assist. Hope to see you at the show!! :)

Alrighty, sounds good! Just wanted to check to be sure, I think I'm going a little scatterbrained lately. We will definitely be coming, will be coming up Friday night, we'll see what time we all get off work and get up there, but we are definitely coming! See you there!

I should be able to run the auction. Looks like this little one is coming sooner than later so we will be there

Hey, everybody -- I still need to find someone who can pick me up from the Madison Airport and get me back on Sunday!!!

Also, I'm looking for a single or 2 -- you would be sharing the other bed -- (the more the cheaper!!!) non-smoking females to share the cost of a room, either at Deer Valley or the Karakahl/Gnome hotel. I'm planning to book a room with 2 queen beds for Friday and Saturday nights.

Deer Valley is more expensive but (I've heard) nicer than the Gnome. I have only ever stayed at the Gnome, but Deer Valley is closer to the show and I think the Gnome is sliding in quality. It's still a nice room for a good value!!!

Please let me know if you are interested...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Lynn, I just wanted you to know that I might only have time to drive up for the show on Saturday. Too many things going on with my kids & school functions. I may have to work on Sunday to make up for taking Saturday off. Just as a reference, I stayed at Deer Valley last year and it's a 100 times better than the gnome motel, my socks weren't dirty black from walking on the floor ;)).

Latest posts

Back