wilson white or a pink white?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakems

Hi, Please can anyone advise, i am struggling to determine if a baby i have bred is classed as a wilson white or a pink white, i have even asked a few breeders and even they are not sure, the body is white and has pink ears but it has black eyes!!! the dad is the same and has black spots on his ears - the mum is a beige, most people say he is a pink white but they all say he should have pink eyes!!! I am now confused so if anyone can clarify what he is i would be greatful
:hmm:

dark ruby eyes can be easily mistaken as black eyes. It would be best to post a picture but my guess would be a pink white if he has pink ears.

Jessica

thanks, i am new on here so just trying to work out how to upload a picture!

When you go into "post reply" there is an option at the bottom to manage attachments, that is where you can upload an image. If the image is on a photo storage site, you can use the little icon at the top that looks like a mountain. Just enter the url to the image.

Thank you sussed it i think lol - attached 2 of the baby

Attachments

• DSCF1201.jpg
    DSCF1201.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 152
  • DSCF1208.jpg
    DSCF1208.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 123
That's the cutest, fluffiest pinkwhite I've seen in a long time! When they are young like that their eyes will look black. They often have a blue or silver iris as well, which makes them look darker.

Thank you, my male produces one every time like him all males aswell lol - hes produced me 4 whites so far i have sold them as pink white with a ? but at least now i definately know to call them pink whites!!!

Thank you all to replied :hugs:

i will update my album with all my baby chin photos - and they all as gorgeous as him lol

Comparison between Wilson White vs. Pink White

White

A Wilson white will also have gray ears like the mosaics or standards have. Cute white furball in any case!

Ronda

Back