Why was my post deleted now??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CTChin

defender of all animals
I have been a regular on here since the beginning of time. I've made a whole bunch of posts since the beginning of the year. I post a for sale ad and I'm deleted. I've been living through an abusive marriage and been trying to figure out a way out for the past month or so so I haven't been as active. Sorry but I'm frustrated.

Sorry about your situation, but maybe you could send a PM to an administrator to get an answer, rather than a general post.

They require at least 10 posts a month to be considered active.

--- Added 10/8/2011 ---

The classifieds sections are intended to be a facility of contributing members for Chins-n-Hedgies members. It is an added benefit to your membership and should be treated as a privilege. This forum is here first and foremost as a place for chinchilla and hedgehog owners to get help, help others and talk about their pets. Any member that wishes to use the classifieds section must be a contributing member to the forum.

Forum staff will be monitoring the classifieds and any post made to a classified section by a non-contributing member will be removed, please do not report non-contributing posts. Continued posting my result in your access being removed.

Do I qualify as a contributing member?
You may post to one of the classifieds section if you meet any of the following:

1. User who has been a member for 30 days AND at least 10 contributing type posts monthly (the last 30 days) to one of the chinchilla or hedgehog sections. "Aw cute" type posts do not qualify as a contributing post.

2. Users who have paid for banner advertising will be allowed to post to the classifieds section, regardless of their monthly post count.

Exclusions: The Rescue & Swap and Want ad sections are excluded in the contributing member rule. If you need to rehome your chinchilla or hedgehog and are asking a small rehoming fee ($25 or less), you will be allowed to post.

This rule goes into effect 10/15/2011 and applies to all members (both new and old).

THESE RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.

You just did 3 posts...just need 7 more... :) just share some words of wisdom on a few threads then they can't take your ad down anymore...

Last edited:
Brenda - You have asked about this in the past and been given the exact same answer. It hasn't changed because your situation has changed. I'm very sorry to hear about your marriage and that you need to sell your chins, but everybody has a reason to sell animals and if we do it for one we have to do it for all. We will not pick and choose who gets to post based on their story.

You just did 3 posts...just need 7 more... :) just share some words of wisdom on a few threads then they can't take your ad down anymore...

Just thought I'd clarify...the posts must be contributing to the educational aspect forum- adding something of value/experience/education. Posting just to post but not really adding anything of value is not considered contributing. 10 contributing posts a month is really not all that hard, and if animals really need to be rehomed, anyone can post rescues/rehomes for a $25 or less rehoming fee. And of course, all of this can be found under the classified ads rules.

Yes.... I was told Peggy but I didn't think the forum was that picky! When did this forum get so fussy?? I can understand keeping people out that only come on to sell, but I do not do this.
AND I was not looking for sympathy...not that you said that but I got that feeling. Just frustrated as ****.

As stated above, the proper place to have done this was via pm, not in open forum. Why else would you have posted it here than to get people riled up? You could have just as easily asked a staff member, like you did when you asked me via pm quite a while ago and I explained all this to you, rather than starting a thread.

BTW, what you consider picky, we consider as not having to deal with the annoyances every day of people screwing people over in the classifieds because someone sends them money and then they disappear. We did this to protect the members here. The classifieds are a privilege, not a right. For Pete's sake, it's a free forum. It's not like people are getting charged to post here and then told they can't sell their stuff.

Obviously, this thread is pointless so I'm shutting it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back