Why must they scare me like this

• Thread starter DaphnesandFreddysmom
  • Start date
Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DaphnesandFreddysmom

So I come home from work today and say hi to the human family and then head off to say hi to the furry family. All the chins are scattered amongst the house so Freddy and Daphne are first than Sadie and finally off to Jason. Well I notice Jason was laying unusually still even with me talking he wasn't stirring. Immediately my heart leaps into my throat I think something horrible had happened to him he was laying next to his food dish and he plastic tube (which he hasn't yet chewed on but we keep an eye out for new chew marks) so I open the door and he doesn't stir. At this point I'm in tears and I gently poked him and he jumps up and bounds away.

About a half an hour later I go in and he's again laying in the position that makes him look dead and he was so sound asleep I was able to open the door and snap a picture.

P3110768.jpg

Oh man, I would have had a heart attack if I found one of my chins in that position. My chins wake up at anything, I would never be able to get pics of them sleeping tho lol

He definitely does look dead! That would have given me a heart attack as well. One of my chins, Wesley, likes to sleep in the middle of his cage in the shavings as well. He has so many options too--a nice hammock and fleece tube from Alli713 and even a nice wooden house, but instead he just lays in the middle of the cage floor.

Jason's really a cutie--too bad he has to give everyone a heart attack!

hhaha oh my. cutee though, now. hhaha

First night home, I wake up and find my guy like that
I almost started crying... turns out he likes to sleep like that
hahaha, frightening though!

I think he looks cute. One of my males always sleeps on his side and the first time I saw it i freaked out too thinking he was dead, then I realized he wasn't and was so relieved. He does it all the time, now i think it's cute.

Jean

that would have given me a heart attack, even though my chins do it all the time. (I'm always nervous, even after how long?) LOL. Look how cute he looks though with his face all scrunched up like that!

What a cutie!! I've had that scare a couple of times. Usually after playtime Remi will sprawl out on his ledge and I have to "double-check" every time he does this LOL.

It was just so scary he didn't budge when I talked or opened the cage door. Usually if I talk to him he'll turn his attention towards me but nothing today he must have been too tired.

aww! I love it when they sleep like that. Whats really scary is when Kuzu sleeps on his back with his feet straight up into the air. If I get to close he'll jump up but when I back away he'll immediately plop back down and scoot to his back again. Silly boys!

This is really terrifying! My Lenore did that to me during the first week we got her. Like you, I nearly had a heart attack when I saw her there. I was able to get a picture the second time she did it too. The picture you took is really cute, and I'm so glad your little guy was just sleeping!

This is really terrifying! My Lenore did that to me during the first week we got her. Like you, I nearly had a heart attack when I saw her there. I was able to get a picture the second time she did it too. The picture you took is really cute, and I'm so glad your little guy was just sleeping!

Your Lenore looks like my Sadie.

Back