Why hedgies?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i never answered why i got into hedgehogs it was b/c when i was in 8th grade i got to babysit my schools hedgehog for 2weeks and fall in love with them.

When I was in the sixth grade, one of my classmates brought her hedgehog to school as a "show and tell" sort of thing. I thought it was really cute and interesting, so I did some research on them. After going to a pet store and holding one, I feel in love with hedgies. After about five years of doing research and saving up my money, I found a breeder in Ohio (I live in MI) and FINALLY convinced my mom to let me get one. She said that it was too much money for a little pet like that. But, it was my money and I had waited many years to get one.
So last September my mom, sister, and I drove to Ohio and I got my little Annie! :)

This is where I got Annie: http://critterconnection.cc/

Haha, long story.

When I was 1 year old my dad would play Sonic the Hedgehog in my room, and I'd watch the pretty colors before falling asleep. I know what you're thinking: "Not another Sonic fan", but Sonic had only shown me that hedgehogs exist. Dad had even shown me a picture when I was 3 or 4.
As time went by, I started playing the games when I was three, and grew up a SEGA fanatic my whole life, but never really knowing much about hedgehogs themselves.

One night late 2008, I was in my apartment, it was three in the morning, and I was watching Sonic Underground when I thought to myself: "How do you take care of a hedgehog?"(sometimes I want to learn the strangest of things), so, I stopped the episode, and went to Wiki (and found CnQ =3 ), and fell in love with the creatures themselves.

I fell in love with their faces, nose, eyes quills - fascinated with everything about them! So I studied up on the care, behavior, diet, ect. on hedgehogs, and decided that I wanted one.
Thus I found a breeder two hours away who sold hedgies, and I met Carmen a bit after.
<3

Back