where to buy Tradition food?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danilinn

The breeder we're getting our girl from recommended Tradition as the best quality food for a chinchilla and suggested getting it online. Does anyone know of a site to buy it from? I've only been able to find one so far, and they're out of stock on the (smaller) 25 lb. bags. (And that's a lot of food for one little animal--would it get stale before she ate it all?)

There are several places in Illinois that carry Tradition. Go to the Hubbard site and do a search for your general area. If you can't find it there, Ryerson chinchillas will ship in small quantities. With just 1 chin, a priority box full would last you a long time.

Welcome to the forum, I'm originally from Naperville, can't wait to move back!

I'm not too far from you either and a few months ago I tried getting Tradition for one very special chin and called several feed stores including the ones listed in the Hubbard site and had no luck. If you put in your zip code (on the Hubbard site) it will tell you where there dealers/distributors are and I couldn't find any within 50 miles from me. For 1 chin I'd suggest going through the Ryersons for Tradition.

Ryerson's was a quick and easy order, and it's a relief not to have to try to find a place to store a 25 lb. bag of food! thanks again.
Sandi, i got the same result--it really surprised me until i realized we take for granted that there will be a place to get anything we need since we're near Chicago--where no one has a farm, so who needs a feed store. i guess we're spoiled!
and Brittany, i understand completely! the Chicago area (in spite of the winters and summers) is greatly underrated. everyone who leaves seems to move back because they miss the people. so, though i'm an Aurora girl, i won't even pick on you for being from Naperthrill. ;)

Back