where do your furball spend playtime?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaeway

Scurries!!!
I was wondering if everyone's chins have a special place/activity for playtime like mine do. Syd likes to climb all over everyone elses cage and get them all worked up. It bugged me till I realized that if he's on the cages he's not trying to escape. Moche likes to lick my feet then run away as fast as he can if I even look at him. Shadow just chews stuff and then goes back into his cage and falls asleep when hes done. Teddy will disappear and then reappear in a different part of the room. I don't know how he does it. Its like magic. What about your babies?

I have everyone separated into their play groups. Most of the time they all try to escape...or chew on things that aren't their playtime toys. When I use the hallway for playtime I will put maybe five or more chins in there...inevitably someone will get over or around the four foot barrier. In the bathroom the chins will knock off anything that I have up on the vanity so that it hits the floor and makes me come running (I have to shoo everyone away from the barrier in the hallway to get there.) I normally take everything off the vanity and put it under the sink and pull the rugs and everything else out of the bathroom, too. They will try to destroy anything I leave in there despite having toys to pull around and chew. (Someday I will have my back bathroom back so I can use it for playtime again...someday...)

Most of the time I have a few chins in the kitchen or entry way, which is really small and only suited for mamas and babies to play. At one time I had about five areas for chins to play...I could get an entire room of chins done with playtime in about three to four hours with that.

Anyway...most of what they do is try to escape or destroy.

Rosey, Poppy and Jasmine have the spare bedroom for playtime. Its not a bedroom anymore, its a chin-playroom heheh.
I've got a wheel nailed to the wall, six wooden tunnels ranging in length from around 30cm up to 1 metre, two big carboard boxes, and lots of little chew toys......makes for happy girlies!!

We let the chins out in the bedroom, where the cages are. Their new favorite game is jumping up on the bed and trying to steal my books, pens, whatever I happen to be occupying myself with.

I let the chins out to play in their room everynight or morning depending on which ones. I have a few that love to come out for morning playtime and few that prefer evenings. It works out well that way anyway, since they come out according to cage it ensures that they all get their own fair share of daily play in. Wilbur I think is the funniest of all of them because he's just so lazy. He kind of just hops around slowly and nibbles at the wood trim and causes trouble in his own little lazy way. He slowly hops to the others cages and sniffs at them, even when they try to fight with him through the bars he doesn't bother. He just hops away. He hates going back into his cage though. When he knows that the time has come, he hops under one of the cages and will refuse to come out.

In the bedroom! They love to get under the blanket and jump on pillows. And they love looking in the mirror!

Latest posts

Back