Where do you have Playtime?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you have Playtime?

• In the chin room/where the cages are

Votes: 96 45.1%
  • In the bathroom

Votes: 60 28.2%
  • In a playroom/hallway/separate room

Votes: 51 23.9%
  • I don't have playtime

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters
Since I can't choose multiple answers, I'll just explain :) Koko has (or had, before the broken leg) playtime in both the hallway and the bathroom, since they're connected, and Kenai has playtime in a pen that we can connect to his cage in his quarantine room.

I have a large playpen too. I wonder how I even survived without this thing for such a long time!

I have them a playpen in their room. Matt and I are fixing to build a house, and I have them a playtime closet in the plans.
playpen.jpg

We have a play yard that we put in the middle of the chin room for the pet chinnies. The rescues get playtime in the bathroom until their quarantine time is up. So far they have not figured out how to jump the play yard but I am sure our time is coming.. lol

Binx has unfortunately had limited playtime due to the fact his cage is in my bedroom and my bathroom is just to hot. In my bedroom he gets into everything no matter how well I block it off. The house we rent has 3 rooms- one for mom, sister, and me, but we're looking into a new house with 4 rooms.

I have my own chinchilla room in the basement. I rotate play times between my three boys. I used to let Reggi have run of the basement, but I feel with more than one, it's not as possible, and a lot harder to clean up. The chinchilla room gives them plenty of space and places to jump while also keeping them contained and out of danger.

ETA: Bethany, what ever that play gym thing is, it is awesome! I want one.

The chins have their own room here... and now the room is rather empty, so the chins that remain here are SUPER spoiled and get to run around it quite a bit (no taking turns for playtime)!

Phoenix has play time wherever he sneaks off to.. but it's supposed to be on our kingsize bed ..per Vet instructions for "restricted activities" :p

Yes.. he's still in our bedroom ...hubby worries about him more than I do :)

We have a big closet in our guest room that is hardly ever in use (except when we have guests of course) So I'll take her down there to play I have some cardboard boxes set up so she can jump on them. I just have to remember to vacuum afterwards!

Right now each cage takes turn getting out for playtime in the bathroom. It's big so they have lots of room to run and surf and it's the easiest cleanup ;)
But I am hoping to get a chin safe room of their own set up soon. :D

I let the chins out in the kitchen. It's the room that is the easiest to clean, and there's no way they can escape from the kitchen.

The cage is in my home office. Ode & Nana can roam free :) even while I'm working - early mornings seem to be their most active time nowdays.

We have a good size play area for the chins in our rescue which has chin safe toys and a mini obstacle course for them to run through and jump on. My two chins that I had before starting the rescue have their own area in a spare room, about 8' x 6' that they live in. They have a cage all set up, but the door is open at all times so they are free to go in and out whenever they want to play.

We let them out in the computer room where we wall off an area so they can't get into anything that would harm them. We set up a bunch of cardboard "houses" in which we cut holes and tunnels into and my boyfriend also set up a very nice rock climbing area for them as well. I'll have to get pictures of it.

Back