What's your routine for your chins

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwinkleDust

Hey everyone

What's your daily and weekly rountine with your chins. I wanted to get a good routine goig and am interested in what others do??

Clean up any pee in the cage in morning.
Sweep cages and feed them around 5:30pm
More hay around 11-12

Used to give them there sand baths on monday between 8-10pm. But now that i am doing it differently it takes more time. So either sunday or tuesday. Still working on that.

I check mine every morning and make sure everything is fresh.
Either then or later in the day I'll sweep the cage out/change litter boxes.

If I'm not busy, they get playtime around 8-10. On days that I can't sleep, they enjoy the extra time out. ^.^
Dust baths are given later in the day if need be, since w hen they're out for playtime their bath is out.

Weekly, I clean both cages(new fleece, everything gets wiped down, etc..). This is usually done on the weekend, sometimes monday if I don't have the time.

I check on him in the morning, give him fresh food and h2o, and toss out any peed on bedding. We socialize for a bit, and I give him scratches until he looks sleepy.

Then around 5:45-6:00 I let him out for about 45-60 mins of playtime and if his cage needs cleaning, I clean it.

Later we have playtime again around 10:00-11:00 for an hour and a half.

Last edited:
Mornings, I just do a check for babies and feed/water if necessary. Evenings, I fill feeders, give hay, fill water bottles, give supplement, and dust.

Once a week, I clean cages, vacuum, and give hay cubes.

Back