What you get-rent wise?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't seem to undesrtand, in the USA you have to pay extra so they take off the trash?!? So people who don't pay, they don't collect?

If you are not part of an apartment complex that has the service, you have to pay and they will give you a trash bin. If you do not pay, they don't pick it up. One neighbor of mine wasn't paying but still stacked trash on the curb. After it stacking up and sitting for a while, the city stepped in and started giving them fines. (They ended up getting evicted anyways. They were dirty people.)

We just moved out of our apartment but we paid $830.00/month for

850 square feet
2 bedrooms
1 bathroom
Sewer & Trash
Heat & Hot Water
Private Patio
Gym & Picnic Area
Unlimited Parking
24 hour maintenance service
Beautifully landscaped court yards

I loved where we lived so much I didn't want to move. But our growing family just didn't fit any more. The mortgage for our new home is the exact same amount we were paying in rent!

We're doing Rent to own in Tamaqua, PA.

The initial down payment was $3,000 but after that its $250 a month (about a 15yr morgage *thats if we don't add extra to the payments which we were told that we were welcome to do*) not including utilities. The house itself is about $27,000. This is a half a double home.

It came with:

3 bedrooms (2 are nice sized but the third is on the small side and is perfect for our 2yr old, Cecelia)
1 Bath (which I plan to pimp out with lots of Froggy stuff, LOL)
Livingroom
Dining room/playroom
Large kitchen (big enough for it to be an eat in kitchen)
Appliances (only a fridge and stove, though we are going to buy new ones)
New carpeting and paint
Full concreted basement w/ washer-dryer hook up
The yard is not so wide but VERY LONG
Theres a door in the basement that leads outside so I can always keep an eye on stuff while doing laundry = )

I don't have pics yet, but will take some in the future after all the painting is done. The guy painted everything white and I'm the type of person who loves color and warm tones, so after I get that done, I'll post pics = )

To be honest, we got lucky with this house. My Aunt rented a home here in Tamaqua which was a 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath, dining room, living room, sm.kitchen, sm. yard, and she paid over $600 a mo. Plus its $40 extra a mo. to have pets and in order to move in she was instructed to put a full tank of oil in the house. And this house was a single but VERY close to the other homes around it.

Her other home was an apartment. 2 bedroom, 1 bath, living room, and kitchen. No pets allowed, and payed $450 a mo. It was pretty small.

Basically it can be pretty expensive to live in Tamaqua, depending on which part of town you want to live. The business part of town is A LOT more than other parts. While looking for a place, I've seen 1 bedroom apartments going for $500 a mo. Which in my opinion is crazy.

Wow! I wish the market in VA was like PA! Our house is about 1300 sq ft, and it was $315,000 when we bought it four years ago. Our monthly payment is $1731.00! Plus, of course, right now we couldn't sell for what we owe on it. This market stinks!

I would love to find a one bedroom apartment for $500 a month.

We pay $600 a month.
2 bedroom/2 bathroom mobile home
On its own property
Washer/Dryer hookups
All appliances

We plan on moving eventually, but this works for us. It's not an old ugly mobile home, and as of yet it isn't falling apart. Plus, my landlord loves the chins. He also told us that we were welcome to have other pets (except dogs) with no extra deposit or rent, but that he would not replace the carpet (it's starting to look really crappy) unless we got rid of the animals. So the ugly carper will remain. :D

If this were an actual house instead of a mobile home it would go for at least $850 a month here.

Back