What won't you eat?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurie

I heart Leonard
Okay the SPAM thread got me thinking because a few people said they had never even tried it, but they were sure it wasn't good, or they weren't ever going to try it lol!

So what else won't you eat? There are a lot of things out there I know people eat everyday but other people say no way!

Mine:

shark--I'm not eating something that can eat me back

chittlings--GROSS

Things I have eaten but HATE:

raspberries--they make me gag

green beans--ick! unless smothered in cream sauce

strawberries--ick! unless smothered in whipped cream AND sugar

pumpkin pie--aka baby poop--ick!

MEAT. lol!

but aside from that, i greatly dislike onions. and cilantro. but not like i wouldnt eat them. theres nothing i wouldnt eat. at least that i can think of.

laur..you knew id answer this question lol

Milk. I have not liked milk since I was 2 according to my mom.

Spam scares me...

I also will not eat onions, peppers or mushrooms.

I'm a picky eater so I could go on...

Laurie, you better not eat some of my wedding cake then! We're getting one layer with raspberry filling. I love raspberries!! But we'll also have pineapple and red velvet. Mmmm I love cake...

I am an insanely picky eater. I have a texture issue. I like the taste of tomatoes but I cannot eat the center of them. Along with cucumbers. I have trouble actually swallowing spinach and sushi. The sea weed wraps I can't stand, either. A lot of stuff is too flavorful for me. People say watermelon doesn't really taste like much but it tastes strong to me (I still like it though). I guess lettuce doesn't really taste like much...there are so many things that I wouldn't want to eat.

My mom always tell me that I would eat this stuff if it was the only thing to eat, but to be honest---I don't know.

tomatoes unless they are in a salsa or sauce, coconut in any form, and mushrooms in any form. I don't touch multicellular fungi.

Organ meats-- 'nuff said.
Cilantro, tastes like soap to me (and apparently plenty of others of European decent)
Raw onion
Ripe/overripe bananas (the texture is the problem)
Legs-on or otherwise recognizable bugs. (Grasshopper taco? Maybe, if they don't look like bait staring back at me from under the tomatoes...)

Meat. I will not eat something that was once living.
Eggs: they creep me out.

I will eat most other things.

EDIT: I forgot about milk! Milk grosses me out too. I've never liked it.

Last edited:
Allison, looks like I can't have you over for dinner of italian sausage, mushrooms, onions and red bell pepper over rice LOL!

and BTW I can just scrape the raspberry filling off the cake--why did you have to go and ruin a perfectly good cake???! LOL!

Pfft, I love raspberries, and strawberries for that matter!

Yeah... pretty much anything with veggies I don't like... Once I was at Deb's house for dinner and she wanted to pile my plate full of veggies only I wouldn't eat them. She thought I looked like a vegetable eating person. I'm not.

I think the only veggies I like are green beans, corn and broccoli. I will eat salsa so long as I don't have to eat the chunks, just the juice lol. I tend to pick chunks out of everything...

I don't like vegetables, unless they're cooked in a stew. I like my meat.

My favorite food when I was a little girl was steak. It's still good to me. I just can't deal with fat. I'm not talking about "OMG it'll go right to my thighs" I mean physical animal fat. It creeps me out to no end. It's the texture thing. and I usually won't eat cooked veggies, only raw (except for corn and peas). Or grilled, I can do grilled.

• Mushrooms (don't like eating things that eat poo/dead stuff I guess)
  • Olives
  • and anything from McDonalds :vomit:
  • Oh and I will never eat anything I've had as a pet (frogs, rabbit, etc). This might sound like a no-brainer to some people, but up here in WI hunting is big and so is eating anything that moves (squirrels, bunnies, deer, etc)

organ meats, dark meat, lamb, veal, venison, pretty much any animal that isnt chicken and the occassional cow or pig (ground beef or steak & maybe sausage or ham) insects, head cheese or any cheese that smells like vomit.

i will stick to fruit, vegetables, seafood & any white flour product!

I've always hated hamburger meat...can't stand eggs or milk (milk makes me sick, so that's probably why.) I HATE sausage...it's is foul stuff...hate it. I love fruits and veggies. I don't eat any type of animal products, but when I did I wouldn't eat most meats or milk or eggs.

The whole concept of Spam is a little gross to me, but whatever floats yer boat...I'm not going to judge. :)

I'll agree with the chittlings thing.

I'm not very discerning though. Love sushi, tomatoes, all the usual 'yuck' foods. One thing I can't tolerate, though, is olives. Even if you pick them off of pizza or salad, you can still taste the rotten death flavor! It permeates!

Also, Laurie- that dinner is like my perfect meal!

Oh yea, also not a fan of milk either. It's for calves.

Pickled pigs feet, okra, calamari, "Rocky Mountain Oysters" (bull or sheep testicles).

That's all I can think of right now -- I'm sure there are more delicacies I couldn't gag down!!!

I have an extreme allergy to onions. If I could eat them, though, I would -- onion rings, Outback Bloomin' Onion -- they all look and smell great.

I will eat just about anything im not to much of a picky eater. If i haven't eatten it i will try it.
But i don't like
brusselsprouts- hubby loves them
seafood- cant stand the smell of fish
sushi- i like my food cooked
blood sausage - father in law makes them ALL the time. YUCK
anything really spicy
and anything my mother in law makes- she can't cook and does weired things to the food. like suger in spagettii. Its not like a pinch its alot of suger.

Latest posts

Back