What type of carrier

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaeway

Scurries!!!
So now that my move is coming up I'm wondering what kind of carrier would work best for the chins, I've had to keep them in regular cat carriers before. Moche chewed his way out, but that was it-of course he as awfully agro that time, which is why he was in the carrier, fighting with Shadow...He'll be way more calm with Shadow in his carrier. Anyway I am getting a new ones this week and would appreciate some input on what others use. Thanks!

I could bring you a carrier maybe...do you want me to see if I have anything that you could use? I have several that I don't use...

Normally I prefer the cat carriers because it gives them a little more room in the car and if something happens I can put an ice bottle in with them so they won't get too hot.

Let me know...I'll see what I have in the form of metal chin carriers and I can bring one to you next Saturday when I am up in Phoenix.

I have one from chinchillas.com that is very similar to the one Dawn linked to. The one I have could easily hold 2 chins in each hole, and it's got 3 slots in it. I love this thing. I wish all my carriers were like this. The only drawback to that type of carrier, and I don't know why they can't fix it, is that the entire top comes up instead of each individual hole. If you have spastic chins, it can be challenging.

http://www.chinchillas.com/estore/detail.aspx?ID=138

How much time do you have? Judy (I believe it's JTchins ) Can custom make you one. She made me one that is like a ryerson style two hole, but it's only one hole. I know it's tempting to worry about them having enough room to move, but less room has it's benefits, for example if you have to turn sharply or hit the brakes quickly you don't have a chin flying across a 2' span then hitting wire.

She hasn't been making them for quite a while Nicole, if you mean JPChins. I have referred buttloads of people to her, but she is taking a break apparently. I love her carriers too, because of how secure her closure device is.

There is another one that makes really nice carriers. I have two of them here, but I can never remember her name. She's out in California. She doesn't have a web site, just an email, but she makes carriers and toys as well. Hopefully Tab will read this. She always remembers her name for me. :)

Are you thinking of these ones?

carrier.jpg

They are made by:
Debbie and Kelly Heiser
Chinchillas To Go
Rio Linda
916 991-9164
email [email protected]

Yup! Those are the ones. I almost thought it was Chins to Go, but was afraid I'd be sending her on a wild goose chase.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back