What should I do with the shelf in the FN? What is yours?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my3esses

I am replacing the bottom tray with a Bass pan and plan on using fleece liners (starting out anyway, if I hate them I'll go to shavings). Not sure what to do with the half shelf, think I've read some have tiled it, or covered it in fleece, and now it sounds like Bass is making a pan for it.

What other options are there and what did you do and what do you like best??

I was going to use metal zip ties to strap pine boards to the shelves in our critter nation but now I think I"ll take it out and put in these
DlxCornerDiner.jpg

http://www.simplychintastic.com/ledges.html

I also emailed them to customize their tunnel that can be attached to the side of the cage as well as some custom houses because my chins are picky.

I threw mine away and am using pine shelves too.

Attachments

• Marble's half.jpg
    Marble's half.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 69
  • ZZ's half.jpg
    ZZ's half.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 61
Thanks, didn't know it was competely removable as I haven't gotten it out of the box yet!

When I first had my cage I covered them in fleece. I have a double FN and I'm now down to only one half shelf, fleece covered, and then just lots of pine ledges and the like. I personally like having one half ledge (in a double FN) because I can hang a hammock from the metal on the bottom and I like having a bigger ledge underneath the spot where they go from the top half of the FN to the lower half since I have two chins and sometimes they both try to dive through the hole at once resulting in them both launching out in random directions. That said, I think if I just had a single FN I would take it out because of the amount of space it takes up

Back