What should i change out and/or what do i need?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry i tried searching a few times i never find what i want... What kind of chinchilla do i have? Ive realized they all have like three word names and i have no idea what upgrayedd is

You want pictures of cage? Search for "cage pictures". This provides you with 16 pages of different threads. Go to page 2 and about the 4th thread down and you will find the thread entitled "cage picutes". This is the link i provided you with. See, not that hard to find what you are looking for.

Ok ok i get it i should have searched...
Well now im curious should i just take the ramps out of my cage all together??
I didnt realize that the ramps weren't needed until now

AGAIN, Lee...here is the link that was posted earlier in this thread. Please take the time to look through these websites listed and find the items you'd be interested in. It is not hard and doing the research yourself instead of asking other forum members to hunt down the items you would like makes you able to find these items in the future as well.

http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=546&page=6 This thread has most if not all the chin stores on CnH. If you read the FAQs and use the search function almost all of you questions can be answered that way. I am new to owning chins too, but I have researched and read these and I have very few questions. Which makes others on the site much happier to answer my questions.

I also told you in my first reply to your thread to take the ramps out. So, yes, take the ramps out.

I was talking about the bar on the side and then how the wheel attaches to the cage. When the chin runs, those bars cross and could pinch the tail or anything else in there.

Also, no, the size of the wheel bends their back when they run, so it's unnatural way to run, the wheel needs to have a diameter of around 15".

You can find a house similar to that in this thread
http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13576

I took out the ramps and hammock
He seems really iffy about going to the very top but hopefully he will open up to it...
Im gonna put in alot more wooden ledges and possibly take some if not all of the plastic ones out
I think ill have enough room for a chinspin also so im happy about that

Attachments

• 0326002010.jpg
    0326002010.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 26
If you change out the ramps to more appropriate ones, then they are ok. Or if you cover them up so there are no small holes to get feet caught in then they would be ok as well. My chin likes to sit on the ramps I have in his cage. But they are flat and have no holes in them at all, so they are appropriate for him.

My ramps had no holes they were solid plastic ones...
And im only asking you guys where to find things because ive spent alot of time searching for things and cant really find anything that looks legit
Im sorry im just trying to do the best for my upgrayedd and trying to make sure everything ok for him... I suppose sorry for asking all the forum members to hunt things down for me

We don't mind the questions, but you were given a link (which you asked for) to a list of websites with chinchilla related items. So you have been given the tools to find what you need. Just go search through them and you'll do just fine. Those websites are legit and most if not all are forum members. You can look up their for sale ads in the classifieds section and see if people are satisfied with what they've received. ;) Good luck!

Alli's chin houses and tubes are sooooo worth it.

I also noticed that you have bedding spread out over the bottom of the whole cage and you said you have a litter pan. I doubt your chin will use the litter pan for peeing if the same bedding is all over the cage. For now I would just take it out. :)

He likes to hide on top of his litter... I dont understand it but he likes it so i leave it
Umm sorry to ask but i cant find an oxbow seller anywhere in USA any ideas?
I wanna get the food soon

You dont need ramps - trust me a chin can jump that distance just fine. If there is a Petsmart near you they carry Oxbow in a pinch - downside is you aren't really sure how long it's been on the shelf - they also carry oxbow hay around here so they probably do elsewhere.

I am not trying to prolong things but because of what happened earlier and your solution for fixing it I suggest you have 2 water bottles in the cage. I have had bottles fall off, leak out 100% and get the ball thingy stuck. If you had two for safety sake your chinny should be fine

Back