What do you use to wipe down your cages/Bass pans??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aimee & The Chinette's

Pro Poop Cleaner
Hey guys!! Long time no post!! I have always used "Anywhere spray" from clorox to wipe down my pans, well, for some reason I can no longer find it in my local stores... I know some of you use Nature's Miracle, if so what is the EXACT name on the bottle, they make BUNCHES of pet sprays... I need something that I can buy locally. If I remember correctly I can just use a white vinegar & water mix too, no???

Please advise as I am about to run some errands for other supplies & cage cleaning day is Tomorrow!!

Thanks in advance!!!
:wink2:

I use soapy bleach water to scrub the pans out really well, rinse them well, then I put in vinegar to soak for a bit to get any urine deposits off, scrub with the vinegar in the pan to get everything broken off and clean, scrub again with the soapy bleach water to get everything completely totally free of anything, rinse really well and set it out in the sun to dry.

It's a procedure I have to be 100% certain that the cages and pans are clean. Vinegar works very well in getting deposits off the cages and pans, the bleach kills germs and gets anything greasy off of them.

I bought 2 empty spray bottles. With 1 bottle I use a solution of 3/4 white vinegar and 1/4 water. After I spray the pans, I let it soak in for a couple of minutes and then wipe off. I use the other spray bottle for just water to rinse the pans after and I wipe and dry off with paper towels.

I use peroxide. It works great and you don't need to worry about any residue. It doesn't leave one. If I have a bad urine stain, then I soak it with vinegar.

I rotate around between vinegar, peroxcide and Nature's Miracle (stain and odor remover). I never bothered with the Nature's Miracle until I gor some GPigs, and since they really smell sometimes I need a bit of extra help with their cages - so whatever I have out for them is what I use on the chin cages

Back