What color is this chin?!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smidgeyy

This is not mine, but the owner wants to know what color she is. I thought you guys could help. :)

Attachments

• 2lms7x3.jpg
    2lms7x3.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 2pyuhbk.jpg
    2pyuhbk.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 2lsu2ko.jpg
    2lsu2ko.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 2cyk1p2.jpg
    2cyk1p2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 56
It is some type of white. You can tell because it has a white tipped tail. Could be mixed with any number of colors and impossible to tell what without a pedigree but it would be considered a white.

A white mosaic is a white.

To be classified as a mosaic in a show it has to have at least one spot of color on it. Can be a tiny spot or a large spot or lots of spots but it needs to be there. Hard to tell from these pics as not the best quality but I would say this is either a silver or white with dark guard hair.

There are many categories under the White Classification.

I didn't know they could be classified as silver lol.
I'm new to chin colors so I'm still trying to learn them. There are some terms I don't fully understand yet. :)

Wherever she got her told get that she was a standard but I was sure she wasn't, so I wanted to ask. :)

She's gorgeous no matter what. She kinda reminds me of my one chin that I had to return to the breeder because he had issues. He looked almost identical to her's. I'm pretty sure he was classified as an Ebony white. He looked blueish with white specks. He was pretty.

She gave me more pictures to show you. :)
After seeing these, I'm betting she's a mosaic.

Attachments

• 2sba2yf.jpg
    2sba2yf.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 2v16a1j.jpg
    2v16a1j.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 2w2rccp.jpg
    2w2rccp.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 33tpf6x.jpg
    33tpf6x.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 39
  • n3n70p.jpg
    n3n70p.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 35
Yes she would be classified as a mosaic due to the spot. If her belly is gray she could have ebony in her pedigree and it is always possible that she has recessives as well but without a pedigree there is no way to know. Phenotypically she is a white mosaic.

Okay thank you. I'll let her know. :)
She's an adorable little girl.

I wish I had the pedigree for my boy, since I'd love to know for sure. I know his brother was a white mosaic, but that's all.

That looks like a female kit i sold a while back that would be a yr old feb. She was born a standard grey without the black tip baring and as she grew up she just kept lightening up more and more leaving a dark spot on her hip. Do you know where she got her from? just currious if this is my kit.

Hi :) This picture is of my chinchilla aha. I adopted Mabel from a local exotic pet store. She had one other brother, did your kit have a brother? If so, it's possible she is :)

Attachments

• MabelHd1.jpg
    MabelHd1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 19
Back