What a WEEK!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vyxxin

RAF Chins
SO, on the 20th my big girl Nicneven FINALLY, finally, gave me a live kit. I got 'Neven from Christiane and her first litter was not alive when I found him. She's a really big girl (averages 1000-1100g) so I was disappointed, but still relieved that she was capable of reproducing. Well, on the 20th I went to the chin room to find a still wet mosaic e/c under her. She's a scary vicious mom, but I did manage to get a picture of him just the same. I didn't even realize she was pregnant! Well, she started a bit of a boom here at my place...it was all good and quite until two days ago...here's 'Neven's little mosaic e/c boy ;)

Attachments

• 1229872_10151799938647230_1656720540_n.jpg
    1229872_10151799938647230_1656720540_n.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 38
THEN...on the 24th, I noticed my ebony female from Cheryl who was just purchased in April was in labor. I usually know when a female is pregnant (kind of hard to tell on 'Neven cause she's huge to begin with, and has a LOT of body cavity). Anyhow, I waited and watched...one kit...took a break from staring at her to cook breakfast. Went back down and she had two under her...and another female (a Rolfe mosaic) was in labor too! By the end of the 24th each female had 3 kits under her!

My Poetrue ebony produced 1 standard e/c male and 2 ebony females!

My Rolfe mosaic, produced 3 standard kits! 2males & 1female and while I may not use them in breeding, they may work out for show (we shall see)

Attachments

• 100_5457.jpg
    100_5457.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 23
  • 100_5458.jpg
    100_5458.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 22
I think I gave you some "Free gift with mama purchase" chinnie juju... Darn near everytime I bring a girl home from Che' I always get a lil something extra...lol I know it was the other Cheryl but still the same juju... ;)

SUPER BIIIIIG CONGRATS on all of them!!!

:)

And 6 kits in one, beat any record I've had until this point as I'm not really a large breeder. Well then, I knew I still had a few females that I deemed to be mid-pregnancy or early pregnancy. NONE that I thought would go very soon...figured I'd have a few weeks to adjust to the two fresh litters of triplets :( boy was I wrong! I did my morning checks today, everyone perfectly normal. Then I got busy for the day, we're preparing to paint our bedroom this week and had to move all of the furniture out of the room...wipe down all the walls...repair stuff ect...mid-day I normally check on chins between 3-4pm. My son was home from his first day back to school and had to go past the chinchilla room to get to a back storage room for some tools...he then came back to inform me that he THOUGHT I may have a new litter :( that he'd seen at LEAST 2 kits in the cage. I inquired which bank/cage and yeah, it was a female that I knew to be pregnant so I dropped what I was doing and went down. Sure enough, she had 3 under her! Well, better get them settled/checked over...except when I stood back up (she's in a middle run) her upper neighbor (the chinchilla right above her) also has a litter...of 3!

SO, now that's a single birth, followed by 4 litters of triplets...in ONE WEEK!

Blackie's litter (my daughter named her) is a standard e/c & mosaic e/c (males) and an ebony female.

My OTHER Rolfe female, an ebony white, littered an extra dark ebony male, an extra dark ebony white male and an ebony white female!

Attachments

• 100_5465.jpg
    100_5465.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 100_5471.jpg
    100_5471.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 25
Sooooo...within the past week I've had 1/3 of my kits for the year born. A total of 8 males & 5 females :) And me, stressing to death over weights! On the bright side, the litters are easy to tell kits apart due to colors/genders. OMG THOUGH! Totally ranting earlier this year about how my multiples have been out of hand...I've had SO many litters of quads/trips this past 12mos it's unreal! And it's NOT normal for me...which makes me question WHY?

Oh wait sorry I think I got confused...I just re-read... (that is what I get for reading while I am tired) wrong girl... Your boy works fast in that case... ;) Time for me to get off the computer and go to bed...

CONGRATS AGAIN!!!

Too darn fast! He's got 4 females...3 of them littered within the past week! He's my go to guy ;) Mr. Cuddles LOL! He's also got another litter in a different run from a female that'd been out of his run for some time...she's got quads under her!

Awesome Ang. Happy for you.

Not because he is from Neven, But he is really nice.
Know that she will not bite, only is a miserable little one.

Back