West Coast MCBA 2011 Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Christine (and Claire F.), you were seriously missed. Christine, I entered your sapphire and violet males, and I'll let you know tomorrow how they did privately, and you can decide how much to gloat or not. :thumbsup: We can't wait to see you next time!!!

Loved Roger Clark, one of our best judges!! (And not because my animals did well, since four of my girls, from the same weanlings cage, got into a peeing contest after being groomed on Thursday before the show and looked like they had been hosed down. Still young though, sigh, next year.) He was really informative and I think very, very constructive in his judgements. I'd love to have him again.

All in all, one of our best shows and soooo much fun to be with allllll of you!!

And many thanks to Sue, Claire, their husbands and Arthur and company for all the hard work that they put into it. I am sure that I missed others. Those four kids did such an awesome job of keeping those chins coming.

Thank you also to Sue's church for allowing us to use their facility.

And many thanks to Sue, Claire, their husbands and Arthur and company for all the hard work that they put into it. I am sure that I missed others. Those four kids did such an awesome job of keeping those chins coming.

Thank you also to Sue's church for allowing us to use their facility.

Oh and of course, thank you Roger Clark for judging and teaching us so much about chinchillas.

Coming soon. Claire will post the results soon. Some of us had church & family stuff yesterday. My photographer (sans hubby) is sorting through hundreds of pics and I will post them soon as well.

They did really well, Christine. Each took a 1st place. There were only two violets, both mine, and only one sapphire. But I was really pleased with them. They are both such sweeties too. The violet is in with a female already and the sapphire is waiting for his sapphire carrier female to be old enough. Roger said the sapphire couldn't go further because he was small, but also said that that's the case with sapphires. Hope that cheers you up!!

:wink2:

Here are my pics...
Grooming
grooming1.jpg

Awesome T-Shirts for sale...
tshirt.jpg

Classifying...
classifying2.jpg

classifying.jpg

claire.jpg

Thanks for posting those great pix Alison.

I am almost done with the show results. We had some family stuff going on Sunday and yesterday. But will finish working on the results when I get home from work today.

aeden.jpg

white.jpg

judgingakira.jpg

Who's judging who here?
chinjudging.jpg

Hey that's me in the second photo!! Had a blast "judging", learned lots. Only had my barncoat in the car and had to slip that on in order to cover up my purple shirt that was casting a pink hue on the pelts. :)

Lauren (my 11 year old) enjoyed having a chance to judge too and learned lots too.

Great photos! It is really difficult to take those under the lights and get them to turn out.

Love the bad chinny ones, I have had a #4 multiple times - just slouches on it's bum in the corner or lays on it's back. lol.

Love the photos too Alison, great job, thanks for posting!
My favourite "bad chins" at the show were the ones that had been obviously given a bath before the show, turns out that they had been peeing on each other two days before the show and there was no amount of dust baths or grooming that could have rectified that in such a short amount of time.

Show results

Ok, here we go

Grand Show Champion- cage 46-Med Beige, Class 3, QS-A1 -Joanne Craner
Resv Grand Show Ch- cage 75- Xtra Dk Nat, Class 3, JJC-A12- Jerry Craner
Ch Female of Show- cage 35-Xtra Dk Ebony, class 4, JJC-A18- Jerry Craner
Res Ch Female of Show- cage 54-Dk Black, Class 4, CSC V28- Linda Clark
CH Male of Show- cage 46-Med Beige, Class 3, QS A1- Joanne Craner
Resv Male of Show- cage 75- Xtra Dk Nat, Class 3, JJC-A12- Jerry Craner

White Champion Female- cage 21- Wht w/grd hair, class 4, RVN-416- Claire Russell
Reserve White Champion Female- cage 20- Pred. White, Class 4, RVN Z90-Claire Russell
White Champion Male -cage 13-Pink White Class 3, MBK-V17-Ryan Chinn
Reserve White Champion Male-cage 28- White w/grd hair, Class 4, JJC-A45-Jerry Craner

Violet Champion Male- cage 4- Dk Violet, Class 1, LVC-A08- Sue Irvin

Beige Champion Female- cage 30-Med. Beige Class 4, JJC-Z232- Jerry Craner
Reserve Beige Champion Female- cage 29,Dk Beige, Class 4, JJC-Z216- Jerry Craner

Beige Champion Male- cage 46, Med. Beige, Class 3, QS-A1- Joanne Craner
Resv. Beige Champion Male- cage 47, Dk Beige, Class 3, QS-Z288 - Joanne Craner

Naturalle Champion Female-cage 18, Med Natural, Class 4, MCNW-45- Claire Russell
Naturalle Champion Male- cage 75, Xtra Dk Nat, Class 3, JJC-A12- Jerry Craner
Reserve Naturalle Champion Male- cage 76, Xtra Dk Nat, Class 3, JJC-A8- Jerry Craner

Blk Velvet Champion Female- cage 54, Dk Black, Class 4, CSC V28-Linda Clark
Resv Blk Velvet Female- cage 19, Lt Black, Class 4, CAC-Z97- Claire Russell
Blk Velvet Champion Male- cage 26, Lt Black, Class 1, CAC-A38- Casey Craner
Resv Blk Velvet Champion Male- cage 25, Med Black, Class 3, CAC-A3- Casey Craner

Ebony Champion Female - cage 35, Xtra Dk Eb, Class, JJC-A18- Jerry Craner
Reserve Ebony Champion Female- cage 12, Xtra Dk Eb, Class 4, MBK-V11- Ryan Chinn
Ebony Champion Male- cage 36, Xtra Dk Eb, Class 1, JJC-A56- Jerry Craner
Reserve Ebony Champion Male- cage 37, Dk Ebony, Class 1, JJC-A57- Jerry Craner

Congratulations to all the winners!

Back