Weird Emails

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qtpie61282

For some reason I always get the strange emails... got this one today

"Hello,

I'm a student in Rochester and my girlfriend and I are currently interested in buying an albino and brown Chinchilla. Would you happen to have any of these available? Thank you and have a nice day."

Albino chinchilla? Can you even breed to get an albino chin?

and brown, like brown velvet, beige, tan? so confused as to why this person is looking for a brown and albino chin.

maybe, but it also tells me that they don't know much about chins.

are they looking for a white and a brown one to breed them?? so many questions I have for these people.

A lot of people just assume white with red eyes= albino. Most likely what they've done as well.

Probably a tan white...they may have seen a photo of a patchy looking pink white or tan white and thought it was an albino due to pink/red eyes.

My response to them...

"Hi

I guess I don't really understand what you are looking for. Are you looking for a brown velvet chin/ beige or tan chin?
And a Pink White chin? There really is no albino chinchilla, the white chins are called Pink White, but they technically aren't
albino.
Let me know what you are looking for and I can put you on my waiting list for one. I don't have any brown velvets in breeding
but I do have beige chins in breeding and white chins in breeding as well.

Jen"

Their response back......

"Hey Jen,

Do you have any tan chins in breeding? I just looked at your site for reference and it seems a tan chin is what I am looking for... Or a homo beige. I'd like to be put on the waiting list for the white chin please. Is it possible to know if I can have a male tan/homo beige chin and a female white chin? Thank you and have a nice day."

oh my........ i smell byb from miles away on this one!

if i were to receive emails like this, i would politely tell them i didn't have anything available, and then i would direct them to this forum so they could learn about chins, and then if they approached me again down the road, i would grill them on what they've learned, then consider adopting out one chin, or a same sex pair.

They are going to college yet my kids type better? I guess to me that's a huge turn off, makes you sound like you're an idiot if you can't type proper grammar.

Anyway, if they don't know about colors, they don't know about breeding enough to be doing it. Reminds me of this guy I had ask me to sell him a Recessive White because he wanted to put it with his tan chin. I doubt he understood what "recessive" meant in the name, and when I told him the starting price I didn't hear another word, as suspected ( not that I had anything available, but I figured the price would take care of it). I suggest referring them here or to someone to mentor them and offer as much help as you can.

I have a good one yesterday.

"you still have chinchillas".

I replied with a simple "Yes I do have chinchillas, can I help you with anything?"

and got a "Do u have black" a 2nd email a few minutes later "do u have dark velvet".

I haven't replied back... *sigh*...

oh gawd Megan! That sounds like emails I get often too!

Half the time I don't know how to respond without laughing or feeling bad for them, lol

Definitely sounds like BYB potential. Ill respond and refer them here...hopefully if they do, they don't look at this post, lol.

A lot of the time I get people asking for Black chins....but I have to ask them if they mean Black velvets, or Black as in Ebonies, because they don't know that in the chin world, Black means BV.
They are usually referring to Ebony when they say "black"

More replies....mind you this is after I directed them to this forum, and gave them a brief background on genetics and breeding.

"Hey Jen,

If there isn't some sort of white female and male brownish chins... Could you tell me when you have a black (ebony) male chin and a golden female chin? Thank you very much.

P.S
They're gifts for my girlfriend and we're gonna raise them together. The colors represent us so that's why it's important. "

then I go this response right after the last one....

"Actually any dark brown, charcoal or ebony male and any white or golden female. Final answer. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone"

Im really just over it. Nothing I said to him about genetics sat with him. Not only a white but now hes looking for a golden one...lol. Ill just tell him I don't have any of these mutations in breeding.

Latest posts

Back