weird animals chinny included

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skygirl

Chinny Girl
ok so my chinny boy Gentle gets mad/upset when his friend Peaty(rat terrier) isnt around. So when i close the room door and dont allow Peaty into the room Gentle starts jumping around his cage making alot of noises until I open the door and let Peaty in then he goes to the bottom of his cage and they kiss for a while....lol.....When I open the cage door Peaty will hop into the cage and lay down at the bottom and Gentle will come to the bottom and hop all over Peaty and Peaty just lays there Ive even seen him on his back with Gentle on his stomach....Has anyone else had a wierd animal bond like this before...:kiss:

as much as you like to see your animals bonding, having a dog or cat be able to access your chin is very dangerous. dogs and cats can hurt chins in a blink of an eye, even though you may be saying 'oh no, not my dog!'. a rat terrier is bred to hunt rats. rats are rodents. chins are rodents. it's a very dangerous situation to put your chin in.

also, dogs and cats can carry diseases that chins are susceptible to. even though your dog may be healthy and get regular vet care, he is carrying bacteria and such on him that a chin can get sick from. even more so if your dog goes outside, which pretty much all dogs do.

also, dogs and cats can carry diseases that chins are susceptible to. even though your dog may be healthy and get regular vet care, he is carrying bacteria and such on him that a chin can get sick from. even more so if your dog goes outside, which pretty much all dogs do.

I agree with all chinnymom 100%. The germs are of particular concern if you allow the dog inside the chin's cage.

Back