Week from H**l

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perabalaofmystery

ever had one of those weeks where you think if anything else goes wrong you'll go insane. well this week has been one of those.

first off on monday my other half was bitten by a spider in "ahem" his unmentionables when he was putting on his robe. later that night he had a qtip size hole/wound that i had to treat. (luckily Minnesota has no dangerous spiders so he was never in any real danger.)
then the cat decided to be sick all over the carpet after we cleaned his teeth.

the next day all seemed to be going well until my man was in a car accident leaving the apartment complex. totaling our only car. Luckily he was only scratched though if he had been out any farther he would have been rather hurt.
then came insurance fun and rental car fun.

then on friday we had to pack up the animal herd and drive 2 hours to arrange to borrow a family members car and visit with relatives. which didnt quite work out seeing as we have to have the rental car for another week till we can borrow a spare car.

we finally get back home on sunday and unpack and a case of pop explodes all over the carpet. so we got to spend 2 hours cleaning it up.

on the bright side hopefully tomorrow/next week we'll find out if my man got a well paying programing job that hes been interviewing for. it would be lovely seeing as currently were both technically unemployed and now need to buy a car.

we've been trying to joke that all of our bad luck is cause hes getting the job seeing as the last 2 years hes been trying to get without any success.
thanks for reading my rant.

That is quite a bit of bad luck in a week at least you were able to joke about it.

I wish the best for him on getting the job.

There must have been something in the air last week....

Sunday driving home from Target in my husband's Denali, picking up items for my daughter's extra credit assignment, I got pulled over for "going too slow and swerving," thought I was drunk I suppose, asked if I had any issues w/ my license...no didn't think so....

Pulls me back over 100 yard later telling me my license had been suspended (as of 3/10)and I'm driving w/o a license. Had to call my husband to pick me up and move the car, oh yeah that was fun! My daughter's crying in the back because she's worried she can't get her project done in time! (Now I drive a lot for work, in a company car...50K miles a year! Sales rep...always in the car!!) I got a ticket 9 months ago, neglected to pay, got a note in the mail saying pay it or your license will be suspended...of course I go right out, get a cashiers check mail it off.... TURNS OUT mailed it to the wrong city...RichLAND not RichFIELD, NY!!!! ARRRRrggg really?

Take care of it in RichFIELD.... but now I have to deal with the "misdemeanor" which could carry jail time! really!!!! had to hire an attorney, as the ADA wouldn't even speak to me w/o one present! REALLY!!!

Then flush the toilet...handle breaks...need new one

Do a load of laundry...agitator breaks....need new washer

Driving to the attorney's office to deal w/ all of it...bird doesn't get out of the road...hit it... of course it dies splat on the road!

Go to buy some beer (at 42 years old...) they want to id me...oh yeah they took that beacuse I was driving too SLOW!!!! OH Yeah that was fun!!! (fortunately they believed me Thank GOD I NEEDED A DRINK!!)

Now THAT was a BAD WEEK!!! ...but I survived to tell the story...and hopefully this one will be better! ;) Then I go play with the chins...everything seems ok again!

Sunday driving home from Target in my husband's Denali, picking up items for my daughter's extra credit assignment, I got pulled over for "going too slow and swerving," thought I was drunk I suppose, asked if I had any issues w/ my license...no didn't think so....

Pulls me back over 100 yard later telling me my license had been suspended (as of 3/10)and I'm driving w/o a license. Had to call my husband to pick me up and move the car, oh yeah that was fun! My daughter's crying in the back because she's worried she can't get her project done in time! (Now I drive a lot for work, in a company car...50K miles a year! Sales rep...always in the car!!) I got a ticket 9 months ago, neglected to pay, got a note in the mail saying pay it or your license will be suspended...of course I go right out, get a cashiers check mail it off.... TURNS OUT mailed it to the wrong city...RichLAND not RichFIELD, NY!!!! ARRRRrggg really?

Take care of it in RichFIELD.... but now I have to deal with the "misdemeanor" which could carry jail time! really!!!! had to hire an attorney, as the ADA wouldn't even speak to me w/o one present! REALLY!!!

Driving to the attorney's office to deal w/ all of it...bird doesn't get out of the road...hit it... of course it dies splat on the road!

Go to buy some beer (at 42 years old...) they want to id me...oh yeah they took that beacuse I was driving too SLOW!!!! OH Yeah that was fun!!! (fortunately they believed me Thank GOD I NEEDED A DRINK!!)

Now THAT was a BAD WEEK!!! ...but I survived to tell the story...and hopefully this one will be better! ;) Then I go play with the chins...everything seems ok again!

wow thats also some bad luck. :( animals are really helpful when trying to cheer oneself up

Oh dear, another bad week for another chin owner :( Hope things start looking up for you and you can get your license situation dealt with quickily and without problem.

Furry little friends always will cheer ya up though! :thumbsup:

its really fun when youve been driving for 2 hours and are almost home and you suddenly have car problems. And realize the minivan nearly stalls everytime you drive 50-58 mph for more that a couple seconds. And the people behind you honk and are angry if you drive below that(it was a 55 mph Area) we ended up getting a ticket for driving 61 and the cop who had been following us had even seen the car problems. But according to her "there's no excuse and we should have know we would have car problems and have gotten them fixed" then she went on to ticket me for not having my seatbelt on correctly. (when we stoped I had to put it under my arm to turn around to quite the howling cat and kacking chinchillas . When I pointed out the paniced animals she scoffed and scolded me for being unsafe but let it go. It posses me off that she wouldn't listen to us even though see had seen the problems and because somehow I'm supposed to magical know that the car would break 15 min from home and I should be able to pull over and pull a mechanic out on my bra and have him fix it there on the road. That and she was so friggin hostel already when she walked up my man couldn't even talk normally he ended up babling stupidly and I had to do the talking. Lol I also forgot to mention that side we had my fathers minivan and our name isn't on the insurance she was originally ready to arrest us for stealing a car. (cause we are such hardened criminals who like joyriding with a vanfull of animals and my younger sisters car stuffed animals) ughh some people in the world just shouldn't have authority.

on abrighter note my mum had had a a tennant(my cousins gf) in her house who ended up owning her and even me alot of money about 800 dollars and had left and abandoned all her stuff. so now i have over 600 dollars worth of games, dvds, an ipod, and cds.
sadly its not in the best shape so when i go to pawn it ill probably only get like 150 maybe 200. though ill be selling the ipod(near mint condition) online for like 60. supposedly it was broken but the hardware is intact so odds are she just messed up the software which is easily fixable.
itll even out what she owes me though. i dont look forward to having to sort through it though. id rather be working on my projects and playing with furry animals

Wow, I have to agree with "something being in the air" last week. I know of at least 6 people who had weeks from heck ranging from work being so bad one of my friends nearly quit to emergency room visits late at night both which will resulted in surgery. Throw in the middle car issues, close call accidents, a stolen laptop, and an unplayable scratched dvd I'd definitely say something was going on with last week!

I lucked out with three days worth of killer migraines, writer's block from heck (I'm an indie author after having been laid off of work for nearly two years.) and having to chase down my chin who escaped from his cage as I was changing out his fleece tube. Stupid me didn't have the place chin proofed before hand just in case he tried to make a break for it like a hardened criminal escaping from death row so there were wires and other stuff I didn't want him to get into including going behind the fridge and under my cabinet which won't shut anymore (both of which he did. Luckily he left the wires alone). Oh, and did I forget to mention that he hates being picked up? At one point he leaped a good few feet when I thought I could scoop him up. He also ignored the dust house when I tried tempting him with it. I think at this point he's going to be nicknamed The Flash. Perhaps I should hunt down some Flash related fleece... if they make it...

Here's hoping everyone's week this week goes a lot better!

Back