Wedding dress fiasco... continued.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow... I would have been a wreck with that.... My dress came in with no problems. I actually want to go visit it again in February and see about fittings and such....

Yey for wedding stress!

Wow, with that story I think I'm gonna go order my dress now. No I'm not engaged, or even in a relationship serious enough to consider it, but yikes!!!
I'm glad you got it though!!

As someone who recently got married I feel so sorry for you. I am very happy the new owner helped fix everything. With all the planning going on I would have completely lost it had this been me.

Wow I would have lost my temper a long time ago!! You held out pretty good! Definitly good that you have time to worry about it. But I'm impressed that you only spent 5400! Thats awesome. My budget was 7000 and I spent double that! OOPS but it was worth it!

I applaud your patience. I'd have lost my temper on somebody *looooong* before this! Halina does not deserve her job if she thinks its acceptable to lie to customers, especially for that amount of time and up to the wire like that. She's more of a hindrance to her boss than a help.

Phew, I'm glad it all worked out! I remember this was ongoing for sooo long! Now you can focus on all the wedding details! So exciting...

I'm patient to a fault. I really considered getting my money back, but you know what? I'd just have to wait another 5+ months for a dress anyway. It seemed like the lesser of two evils to wait it out and play their games. Luckily, the new owner was wonderful. When we walked into the store, she had the dress waiting for us. She took us to a fitting room and stayed with us the entire time, just talking with us and apologizing again. She laced me up, allowed my mom to take pictures and then helped me out of the dress.

Catherine -- most of the other wedding planning is done. We just have to finalize some details and put deposits down on minor things like chair covers and chairs for the ceremony. I'm doing our invitations by hand, and that's pretty much the biggest detail left to take care of.

Wow, you are so ahead of the game! 8-ish months to go, and all you have to do are the invitations? That is so awesome...

I will probably be the same way... I am getting married May 2011, so I have TONS of time to get ideas, plan, and do a lot myself! At least that way too, it will be a lot cheaper... hopefully!

Congrats!

LOL, I try. We've been engaged since September 2007, and we only really started planning in about November 2008. As soon as we decided on colors in June, I ordered my dress and then sat back and forgot about everything. Everything is falling into place nicely, with very little work on my end.

The wedding is on September 5, 2009, so I've got lots of time. I keep telling people that I don't trust anyone enough to ruin my day, so I'm getting everything done early.

To date, though, we have all the major stuff done and paid for. Including some slightly inflated costs (I over-budget), this entire wedding has cost $5,400.00. That includes two venues, catering, DJ, photographer, bar, dress, cake, guestbook and decorations.

Wow, I'm sorry you have to go trough this, I hope I won't have too. I'm getting married almost exactly a year after you (September 4 2010) and for now it's only about getting money aside.

What a relief for you that your dress delay is finally sorted!:thumbsup:
And best of luck for the BIG DAY .......when it finally comes around!:couple2:

OOOOOOO M G.

That is crazy. I just got married in August and I only had like 5 months to plan. Thank goodness I saw a dress I liked online, it was the first dress I tried on, and it was :good:

So what kind of venue do you guys have? Do you have a theme? Color scheme? Hehe...I like girlie details.

Here's a few pics of my dress/wedding:

Our color scheme is red, dark gray and a silvery gray. We don't have a real theme, buut we're planning for it to be really casual with rock n' roll accents. The ceremony will be outside at a friends' acreage and the reception will be in a hall in a small town. Everything is just falling into place, which is great because I hate every aspect of planning a wedding. LOL.

Back