Water Filtration System?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay so I read somewhere on here that you need to get a filter that filters out a ton of stuff- including giardia.

Someone said the PUR 3 was the best, so I went out and bought it- turns out it doesn't fit on my faucet (I don't think any filter will).

So I was looking at pitcher filters but none of them said they filtered giardia!!

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good pitcher to buy or is my super old brita pitcher fine?

Thanks!

If you are on municipal water, you would not have to worry about bacteria and viruses, as the chlorine in the water will remove these. But there are a ton of contaminants in the water that need to be removed, and a pitcher won't do it. I would suggest a reverse osmosis system. They are more expensive, but will remove everything from the water. I got mine from Aquasafe Systems and love it, and the water tastes great. I would suggest checking them out, http://www.aquasafecanada.com

if you are going to go for bottled water then buy aquafina. It is the best bottled water out there, I did the research. Most of the other ones are bottled tap water.

I would not put my money on municipal water filtering anything out. Not all water is chlorinated like in big cities. My theory is if you wouldn't drink it, don't expect your animals too. Everyone drinks from out triple canister filtered water system that runs to the water spigot on the sink next to the regular water as well as the fridge for ice and water.

Back