Water bottle

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanutbutter15

:hi: ok so I was looking for a water bottle for my hamster then started thinking:hmmm: about what size of water bottle my chinchilla :chin3:should have (in oz. please!)

:thanks10:

I use plastic Lixit bottles because my chins don't chew on them and the spouts on them work very well. I think it's like 8oz or bigger.

I like using 8 oz. I never fill them full anyways as I like to change out the water daily, or else I'd be wasting water.

Yep, I too use the 8 oz. Lixit bottles and change the water every day, so I don't need anything larger than that size.

I, and many others, have had good luck with the SuperPet glass bottles.
Non-chew caps, great holders, and 2 anti-backwash balls are some of the features!
Not to mention you can just throw them in the dishwasher vs. handwashing.
Just remember to 'start' them, before re-hanging them in the cage - bounce them off your palm, letting the bubbles come up, and water out!
Available in a few sizes - get what you're comfortable with.

I quite like the wide mouth 8oz plastic (high quality) Lixit bottles and I've recently picked up two regular glass Lixit bottles and they seem to be pretty good. Not sure how many ounces are in the glass ones but they are a bit smaller than the 8oz ones and I use them for two of my single chins.

I feel like i say this on every water bottle post but I LOVE THE RYERSON BOTTLESS they are amazing

i also have the ryersons's water bottles and i love them. they are in the 8 and 16 oz sizes and much better than the glass bottles i previously had!!! half of them did not work no matter what i tried i think they were by super pet but are now proudly part of the recycling bin.

Back