Washington State ECBC Sanctioned Show 2014

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One day shows are often difficult to socialize when we have live animals and many travel far or have to catch flights. I like the California show for that reason. Maybe someday in the future we will have enough participation to warrant a two-day show!

Announcing that we will also have new awards for Color Class Breeder. Minimum five animals, breeder with the highest points of those five animals wins the Color Class Breeder rosette for that mutation color!

Bring those animals! The competition is ON! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
For those color class awards, does there have to be at least two breeders that are eligable?

Ps I'm in the box making phase for the mystery gift raffle, woo!

No, You must have a minimum of 5 animals in the same color class and points totaling at least 27. Only one breeder need show in a class (as long as they meet the requirements) to win the award if there are no competitors.

Announcing that we will also have new awards for Color Class Breeder. Minimum five animals, breeder with the highest points of those five animals wins the Color Class Breeder rosette for that mutation color!

Bring those animals! The competition is ON! :thumbsup:

I think this is a nice addition to the Empress show system for sanctioned shows to meet the needs of the evolving chin world. With so many more small breeders who specialize in a certain color or two as opposed to just large ranchers dabbling in all colors, this is a nice way to give recognition to those who excel in their colors of choice.

Not even 5 standards? Btw everyday I'm dusting and aside from all the grit thrown in my teeth and eyes it's really exciting. 20 days left!

No, but we still have the Standard Breeder/Junior Breeder and Mutation Breeder/Junior Breeder awards for animals you have bred. The color class breeder award is to recognize breeders who specialize in mutation colors.

Two weeks to go until show time! Hope you all are dusting your chinnies!

Don't forget, there will be breeders bringing animals for Silent Auction and sales after the show, so be ready to go home with some nice animals!

Yes, 2 more weeks. I just started yesterday on getting my animals groomed. We have been busy taking down the old chin shed. We started to put up a larger shed we still aren't finish. I have 3 of my 2014 babies ear tagged thanks to Jinn & Ryan coming by to put them on. Husband left yesterday afternoon to the mountains and will be back tomorrow so hopefully to get this shed finish.

11 days! Picked up the mystery gift top prize today at the apple store, great for personal use or as a gift to someone you love!

Attachments

• 2014-11-25 12.59.36.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 0
Less than a week to go! Finishing up touches on the show...

We have some great prizes for the raffle table again this year. I jut received some amazing donations for the special raffle: a Flying Saucer wheel and a couple beautiful handmade scarves with chinchilla fur spun in! Don't forget to bring a raffle donation. They don't need to be chinchilla-related items, just things you think people will want!

Also don't forget to contact Snickers (Nan) if you want to buy bags of dust....you may even be able to buy just a few pounds if you PM her!

Please don't forget all animals in the show will need to be eartagged. We will have generic ECBC eartags that we can help you put on t the show for $1.

Also, please know your ECBC membership number (if you are a member) as this will save us some time at the show and you can get your discounted entry fee.

Not an ECBC member? Now is a great time to join! Membership is as low as $25/year (you receive an electronic version of the awesome Breeder magazine!) and will save you $2 for each animal entered in the show! Join now at http://empresschinchilla.org/JoinEmpress

Helpful show prep hint: Print and fill out your show forms prior to even coming to the show! You can fill out most of the information, and save yourself a LOT of time and confusion at the show if you have this information prepared ahead of time. The link to download the forms is: http://empresschinchilla.org/ShowsandEvents

Feel free to contact us at the [email protected] if you have any questions.

Looking forward to seeing you and your chins next weekend! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Just want to offer: I am picking up an order from Quality Cage Company's showroom on the way up to the show to save on shipping. So if anybody needs to order any cage supplies, flying saucer wheels, etc, I can pick them up on the way to the show on Friday. Let me know! Pam at Quality Cage Company has excellent customer service and you can email or call her if you'd like me to pick up your order.

www.qualitycage.com

See you all this weekend! I hope to be at the show hall by 6 PM.

Wish I could attend but can't this year but we did donate a bed and shelf w/ toy for the show! Have a great time everyone!

Attachments

• house donation.jpg
    house donation.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 0
  • shelf.jpg
    shelf.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back