Wanting a Hedgie!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lewisa30

Hi!
I have quickly become obsessed with wanting a hedgie, mainly because I've been wanting a small pet forever and they are very cute! :) I've done quite a bit of reading online so far, but I was looking for personal experience and answers from people who own and love their hedgies.

Since I live in Wisconsin, the winters get pretty cold. However, my house is always nice and cozy. Is placing a space heater in the room with the hedgie enough to keep it warm?

How do I potty train a hedgie and is it done easily? Where can I get a cage that will be comfortable for my hedgie? What should my hedgie eat? Should I get a boy or a girl? How can you tell if a baby hedgie is healthy? Where should I go to buy a hedgie? How do I handle a hedgie?

These are all questions I've read about online, but as I said, I'd like to hear from people with personal experience who can offer me advice and stories.

Thank you! :)

Space heaters, if you get them setup correctly, are just fine. I've only ever used a space heater to keep the entire room warm for them.

Potty training, either they potty train themselves or they don't at all. It is a hit or miss situation with these guys. Boy or girl doesn't matter both are about equal when it comes to variety in personality.

If you are nearby, I would suggest stopping by the hedgehog show in Milwaukee on May 5th. There will be lots of owners, who would love to introduce you to hedgehogs and help answer many questions that you may have.

http://chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31254

There are not usually any babies for sale at shows, but there are lots of opportunities to talk to owners and learn.

Latest posts

Back