Wanted: pics of chin play areas

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riven

Bad Chin
I would like to have some photos of chin safe play areas for my site. Various kinds would be great: Chin safe closet, bathroom, extra room, store bought play pens, and home made/cardboard play pens are all great options!

Thanks!

Home made

riv.jpg

riv1.jpg

fmnn.jpg

gyy.jpg

I've decided Dawn has Disneyland for chins. Shelly would never come out of there.

I used 4x8 smooth panel board and 1x1 pine to put it together, used screws so it can be dissasembled if needed.

Ooh, I like the squiggle ramps! Dawn, I know the chins come into their carriers when you call them but will they do it when they're in their play area too?

They do, they come running. Guido is the only stinker, he comes running and launches over the carrier and escapes to their room!

Anyone else have some store bought play areas? I know it's hard to top Dawn's there, but it's for education!

Heres mine. I use a stretched out playpen to block the door and closet and they have full run of the room. I bought a large and small play center from a company that went out of business and the triangle tunnels with slits are cardboard from a laptop cart.

040.jpg

064.jpg

Here is my play area for my tripod babies. Sissy is missing a front foot and Tiny is missing her back foot..

I put them on my carpet and then cover with a soft fleece so it is extra padded and then give them toys that wont hurt them, and of course their dust.

Attachments

• clean cages 125.jpg
    clean cages 125.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 56
  • clean cages 123.jpg
    clean cages 123.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 46
  • clean cages 124.jpg
    clean cages 124.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 36
It's the large sized Ware pop-up playpen. I bought it at Petco over 3 years ago. I know others have purchased the same one at amazon and ebay.

Looks like I deleted all my pictures of the various chin areas I've used, now I just use the bathroom and that's not very exciting.

But I do have this picture from during playtime, I used to cover the walls in old cardboard boxes as you can see in the background, so that they wouldn't eat up the baseboard in my apartment. And an old soda box makes a fun toy for playtime.
PICT0410.jpg

Back