Vet Before Trip?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breevass

So, if you've seen any post from me recently, you know that my husband and I are embarking on a cross country move from Alaska to Kentucky with our dear Athena in November. I was wondering if it is suggested to take her for a checkup or anything before or after the trip? She won't need any papers or any certification for Canada or the U.S. borders, we have made extensive research to be sure and made several phone calls. So we are all good there, but more for her personal health.

Please and thank you!

I don't feel it would be needed but it doesn't hurt since you will be traveling such a long distance. I'm quite sure you will keep a close eye on her eating, drinking and pooing during travel. But I think it all boils down to your peace of mind if the borders don't require any papers.

I would get the certficates for border crossings.Better to have and not need than the other result.I could be wrong but you may need one.Just trying to save time/hassle would be worth it. Have a safe trip!

Back