URI?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragsil

I noticed today during playtime that Baby Dragon was making a slight wheezing noise. Well, it's not really a wheeze but a bit of a whistle, like the sound you make when you breathe in with a partially blocked nose. I held him close and listened and didn't hear much, but then he started again, especially when we held a notebook out of his reach and he was reaching for it and again when he was given fresh hay. I can't get the chin sounds website to work so I am not sure if it is a communication noise, but I don't think I have heard it before. His cagemate is fine and so is his neighbour and all three are eating well, frinking, pooping, running and have bright, clean eyes.

Just wondering at what point I should consider a vet visit/start worrying about a URI? If the snuffling noises develop further should I just take all three in for treatment? Also, what is a good medication to potentially treat URIs? I don't want to come out with something strong if it is not needed.

I heard a sneeze or two from their cages as well after playtime, but it was dust day today and they kicked A LOT of it around, so I'm hoping that is the cause.

Back