Updates on Heartland show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kare_bear

Well the Heartland show is underway and we do have power! Last night we lost power in the section of town. It is a gorgeous freezing rain too.

Still doing the standards but have 152 standards and 87 mutes. We will post class results after the standard show as we will have a long break. Due to a great turnout have run out of cages so are switching some after standard show.

Well now it says updates on Heartland show, but I see no updates for the last 6-7 hours. So whats happening?

Sorry, show took till 7pm about for judging to finish and we didnt do our long break, ate when pizza finally arrived and then right back at it.

Standards:
(listed class champ-reserve class and then 3rd BOC)
Class 1: Torgerson-Shoots-Shoots
Class 2: Shoots-Shoots-Graif
Class 3: Merritt-Shoots-Shoots
Class 4: Shoots-Merritt-Rupert
Class 5: Shoots-Shoots-Merritt
Class 6: Shoots-Merritt-Shoots
Class 7: Smith-Shoots-Shoots
Class 8: Shoots-Shoots-Merritt
Class 9: Shoots-Shoots-Smith
Class 10: Shoots-Shoots-Walters

Grand Show: Wendy Torgerson
Reserve Grand: Ralph and Barbara Shoots
3rd Best: Ralph and Barbara Shoots

Breeders Awards:
1-Shoots
2-Merritt
3-Ruppert
4-Smith
5-Featherstone
6-Suhr
7-Beitz
8-Hatfield
9-Summers
10-Jensen

Last edited:
Mutations

White: Ruppert-Sorenson-Hickman
Sapphire: None
Violet: Ruppert
Beige:Shoots-Shoots-Shoots
Ebony: Torgerson-Ruppert-Walters
Black Velvet: Shoots-Ruppert-Shoots

Grand show: Ralph and Barbara Shoots Black Velvet
Reserve Shot: Tammy Ruppert-Black Velvet
3rd Best: Ralph and Barbara Shoots-Black Velvet

Breeder Awards
1-Shoots
2-Ruppert

Baby Derby: Tammy Ruppert

Great job everyone! Ruby you must have done a great job grooming up that 2 year old white boy to take Third Best of the White class.

Great job everyone! Ruby you must have done a great job grooming up that 2 year old white boy to take Third Best of the White class.

Thanks! He even feel asleep while I was grooming him! :))

It was a great show and what a turnout. No lights and running out of cages, but we pulled it off. Not complaining about running out of cages either. Thanks to our judges for doing an outstanding job. Beth Ann Connell and Joe Brown. Also to our trainee judge Roger Clark, who said he was scared to death, but it sure didn't show. 21 exhibitors,from Oklahoma,Colorado,Missouri,
Kansas,Minnesota,WisconsinNebraska,and of course Iowa. Thanks to everyone for putting up with the inconveniences.
Jags I couldn't believe that animal was sound asleep on Rub's lap while it was being groomed. Congrats to ruby for her first time showing and a 3rd best of class to boot.

Yes he must be one of those wild ranch chins but it looks like he took to Ruby well. I only wish I had show prepped him to have him show his best.

Great show! Lousy drive home, but we made it in one piece and got Wendy home before it started snowing up by her.
Good thing I like her or I would seriously have to think about taking her to shows anymore. ;) Congrats on your win, Sweetie!!!! :D
And to everyone who showed!

Thank you everyone at the show... it was great, you did an awesome job... even if we waited for cages... I truly did not mind... IT GAVE ME A BREAK FROM GROOMING... LOL...
it was wonderful seeing friends we have not seen in a long time... and meeting new ones... personality wise... this show was the best... everyone had fun... everyone offered their help... I could not have had a better time... thank you again from all of us and our chinchillas...

Congrats everyone! Wendy, tell us more about this nice standard you have ;-)

I sucked it up and brought one standard this year, since SOME PEOPLE (DAN!) like to tease me about only showing ebs. I do have some white bellies at my house, after all! :) She isn't quite 8 months yet, so I'm hoping she continues to improve so I have a standard to show at Nationals.:thumbs:

Tammy, any time you run out of room at your place that Black of yours can come live at my house! Gorgeous!! Shoots Blacks were stunning as well--dang, I love that color!! Congrats, girl, and I'm glad you got home safe.:hug2:

I keep telling you to expand Wendy so you have more room for all those other colors!

Dan Jensen did an outstanding job as show chair. This was his first time time to chair a show. Tammy thanks for my pin and it was sure good to see you. Let us know how the beige girl works out, glad you won her. It was good to see so many young people at this show, not as onlookers, but as competitors. gives you hope for the future.

I keep telling you to expand Wendy so you have more room for all those other colors!

I keep telling you to just send $$ so I can expand! :neener:

Dan did do a nice job as show chair. All the ladies at the entry & awards tables worked so hard, too. Thank you for all your efforts in keeping a BIG show moving so smoothly!! :dance3:

Congrats to you again Wendy. Thanks for the help with animal handling. If Brenda won't bring you next year, I'll come get you.

Back