Update On My Rehomes

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinwawa

Besotted Chinchilla Lover
Just thought that I would post an update on our little story.

My two 6 year old NJ Rehome Girls have been with me for two weeks.
They are doing very well in every way. I am thrilled with their progress. They are smart, curious and brave.

So far they have coped with a cold food switch from Vita Vittles to Oxford with no food refusal at all.

They were having microscopic poops. Their poops have gotten darker and have doubled in size compared to how they were. The poops are still smaller than normal but improving.

They transitioned to a new glass water bottle with no trouble.

They have been introduced to rose hips and new chews such as apple twigs and chunks of pumice.

They had never had any toys but are not depressed and have shown great curiosity in any new item in their cage.

But best of all they have taken treats from me, let me pet them, and come over to the side of the cage when I walk to the cage to work with them, change food etc.

They have shown a desire to come out of the cage which tells me that they feel safe in my bedroom and have begun to get used to the new sounds, lighting etc. (I don't plan to have a playtime quite yet as I know they will not be easy to get back into the cage. I am planning on first playtime next weekend.)

Angel the white one has even chatted with me by making small barks. I could swear she was asking for more treats.

I will soon be introducing them to new wheels and will take pictures. I am looking forward to adding a new hay bin and a wooden bridge to their cage and new shelves with houses attached.

Here are two close ups: Destiny the Ebony chin, Angel the White.

Attachments

• Destiny Crop.jpg
    Destiny Crop.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Angel Crop.jpg
    Angel Crop.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
They are beautiful! I'm sure they are thrilled you are taking such great care of them. :D

Back