UK Chinchilla Food

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am always on the lookout for anything that my one chin with malo will devour on his own and that is good for him. Dawn sent me a sample of this feed (thank you Dawn! :thumbsup:) and I immediately put some in his food bowl. At first I thought CJ was not going to be interested in it at all and walked away but sat close by. Within minutes I hear non-stop crunching! It was like music to my ears. I peaked over at his cage and there he was just munching away and he finished 20 grams of the Beaphar Care + in about 15 minutes. I ordered this feed as well and hope to hear something from them real soon. For comparison, CJ barely touched his pellets, only when I added just a little bit of water to make them a bit soft is when he would pick through them and eat some but there was a lot of waste.

It might be worth trying your oldies on the Beaphar & Science Selective because there's no selective feeding but they are a bit more palatable than normal pellets & healthier than mixes.

Hi Im in the UK and I am also feeding my chin the charlie chinchilla food with pellets and hay, I like the sound of the Beaphar Care + you are talking of but is that best for old chins only? becuase mine is 13 months old, so do you think I should stop using charlie chin? or just use charnwood pellets?
or the Beaphar Care + ?

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm getting a chinchilla soon and I live in the UK.

I don't know which chinchilla food to get!

I was looking for food online and found Burgess Excel Chinchilla Nuggets to have better fibre than Charnwood. People keep mentioning Beaphar Care + I can't find on the internet the fibre, fat content etc does anyone know?

Thanks,

Allie

xxxxxxx

i urge you to discontinue feeding your chinchillas regularly with those variety pack types of food and get a pellet only brand for them. we have mazuri and oxbow (which i personally use and swear by) here in the U.S. and they are pretty cheap if you buy bulk. i only have on chinchilla so i can afford to splurge on the food, though, but i think mazuri is less expensive in bulk than oxbow? but yeah those are the brands that i would recommend to anyone and i don't know how easy they are to come by in the uk. i'm sure if you can't get those brands that you can get them shipped (not sure about exchange and shipping rates tho :-/) or find some pellet brands that are just as equal in nutrients locally.

as for raisins: i'm kind of a snob. i don't give those to my chin so he will never know how yummy they are. i would throw them away. bowie gets dried rose hips and he LIVES for those things. you can get them at the local health foods in bulk!

Latest posts

Back