tripple level FN

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have the 143 add-on, it seems it would make the cages too tall for my liking as I'm pretty short. I would have to have a step ladder to get to the top level.

Yes, those pans work fine and many of us have them for our FN's. They aren't short at all inside the cages because the inside dimensions are different due to the way the cages are constructed.

I believe Lan63 has a 143. Hopefully she will see this and comment.

I have the bass pans for my FNs. They do fit snuggly. The last set I bought I actually had to use some pressure to press the pan down into the cage. It pops back our pretty easily if you press from under the cage though.

Yes, Laurie (Lan63) has the FN 143. I know that she needs help from her son who is over 6' tall to clean it. As far as stability, not sure but you could always pm her.

I'm going to be converting the chin room to 3 story FNs. You will need to get heavier duty wheels to sustain the weight. I'm also not using the stand, which will put the bottom of the 3rd level at a little over 4' high and will make all levels accessible to me. The total height will be a little over 6'.

I have mine set up as 3 levels. I have no problem cleaning it but I'm also almost 6' tall. I have broken my wheels quite a few times though. I have a photo of it on my webpage under Photos. I'd link it but I'm on my phone. It's no less stable imo just harder to maneuver.

i have a 3 story, but i have NO clue which numbers they are, as I got the cage from Jill.
I had to remove the bottom storage level just to fit it in my basement, so i must have the 2 story with the add on. It is still very tall, however I can clean everything except one shelf that is higher but i am only 5'3. it is HUGE, much bigger than I expected. but the boys seem to love it.
it is very sturdy without that bottom storage area. since all my food is in big tubs, there wasnt much to store under ther anyway.

Any hardware store or home improvement store should have a variety of wheel of various qualities. You can take one wheel off your cage and bring it in to match the size, and just make sure the one you buy is sturdier.

I was going to say my friend Teresa uses the 3 levels on her cages and can clean ithem pretty easily since she took the bottom storage part out. It puts the cage sitting almost directly on the floor and makes the top easier to reach. ;)

I had a 3 story FN and soon after I took the top level off, the chins would always stay in the top (or at least run to the top when I needed to take them out) I also found it hard to clean the top. So now I have 4 2 story FN's, but It would be nice to go UP rather then spread out... :wink2:

I had my cages set up to be the 143... I just took the bottom shelf (the one under the cage) and it made it a lot lower...I am only 5' 5" and it worked for me... The stability was just the same as the 142.. Not wobbly at all...

Thanks for the replys :). I ordered a 3rd level, and some trays. Can't wait till it gets here! I'll probably be taking off the storage area too, cus im only 5' 2''. I'll have to stand on a chair or something to clean the 3rd level lol. Hopefully the boys wont hide at the top... I really dont see them doing that.. oh well. I mainly got the 3rd level cause I know I wont be able to let them out every day and I want them to have room to hop around.

Back