Trimebutine questions

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anna35

One of the 5 chins I recently rescued from a very neglectful situation had stasis, bloat and had a blockage that I believe is taken care of now. He was put on metacam 0.2ml dosage once a day and trimebutine 0.2 ml every 4 to 8 hrs as needed. My question is actually about the trimebutine. They gave this to him to help with motility. From my research I can't find that it is used for motility in chins and in humans it is used to treat irritable bowel syndrome. Has anyone every used this for motility? If so does it actually work? He has been on this since the 21st and I don't see that it is actually working as they say. The reason he was not put on reglan or cisapride is because of the blockage and I was told that this med was better and much gentler to get the digestive track stimulated. The bloat and the blockage seem to be gone, but I am not getting as many poops as I had hoped with it being a motility drug.

I am just asking about the drug. I know all of the other treatments that need to be done and I am doing them.

Its used on chins with stasis, it basically jump starts the contractions and makes them normal, so production of poo would not increase, it would just be "normal". Motility drugs like reglan speed up contractions to empty the digestive tract quicker making more poo faster.

Back