Tri-Level FN and 2 Bonded Pair Introductions?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paws4Chins

Chin Spirit
I have an opportunity to purchase a good condition used Tri-level FN. I was wondering how many Chins can a 3 level FN accomidate? Also, currently we have 2 pairs of bonded males...2 in one 2 level FN and 2 in another 2 level FN. These males have been housed side by side in there FN cage for over 6 months and seem to tolearte each other and are courious about one another...although the pairs have never been out together during play time. My idea was to put the 4 males together in the Tri-Level FN. My concerns are fighting and jepordizing the bonding of each of the pairs. If I introduce them properly what kind of results will I likely get, will it be a desastor, and well it effect the bonding of each pair if the introduction goes badely. I can always get the bigger cage and just put one pair in the tri level. And then my final question is and can you merge 2 2-level FN intoo 1 Tri Level cage or is the third level a special design?

Even if you intro them properly... there's no saying for sure what sort of results you will get. They could get along fine, some of them could get along fine, none of them could get along, and it's even possible, like you noted, that trying to get them all together could mess up the current pairs you have. There's no telling for sure what will happen until you try. With proper intro's, I would say you have a better chance at them getting along than the people who just throw chins together and hope for the best... but you still never know.

Someone else will have to come along for your FN question... I have no idea. Good luck with whatever you decide!

the third level of an FN is just like the second level of an FN142. basically you remove the top of the FN142, and just plunk another unit on top. so you could use the new (used) 3 level and then combine your current cages into a 3 level and have a single level (FN 141) left over.

Back