Tree branches

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bthny158

There's a guy down the road that has a big pile of branches. The electric company trimmed them from the power lines. Only problem is, he doesn't know anything about trees & has no idea what kind they are. Is there any way to find out & eliminate them from the bad wood list? Would love to make some new toys for Dolly.

I don't know if I would be comfortable using branches that I know nothing about. If you can't be sure about the type of wood, and if you don't know if they have been sprayed with anything, then you probably not use them. You want to play it safe with your chins.

He knows they haven't been sprayed. He just doesn't know what kind of tree. So I guess I'm just going to get a few apple branches from a neighbors yard :)

if you are 100% sure that they have never been sprayed... you could always take the branches to a nursery. They should be able to identify the tree for you. But I know around here, the state sprays along the roads to keep plants from growing. If the trees are close to the road they may be risky. I would go with the apple branches from your neighbor - as long as they are free from any chemicals and pesticides. :)

I went & looked at the "branches" Turns out they were giant logs for burning in a woodstove...Not sure how he got that mixed up with what I said I needed "small twigs & branches 4 to 5 inches diameter at most.....So I don't have to worry about trying to identify them :)

Back