Transporting multiple chins for playtime

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue_soda025

I have a question for those of you with multiple chins. How do you transport them all to another room for playtime? I have 2 chins and I don't think I can carry both of them at the same time! It's also a bit too difficult to close the cage door when already holding a chin. I have not actually taken them out for playtime yet since I just got them on Friday and they are still setting in.

I'd wait a couple of weeks and let them settle in first - that can be traumatic enough to unsettle a few, and I'd think playtime could make it worse!
You'll be able to tell when the time is right, and I'd take them 1 at a time for about a week before putting them together, just to be safe!
They ARE a same sex pair , aren't they? And you're sure of that!
If not, keep them seperated, or count 111 days after they're together, and be ready for Kits!!

I agree with letting them settle in for a bit before letting them out to run around because if you have to chase them down to get them back into their cage, you take a step backwards in bonding with them. However, if they're super outgoing, letting them out shouldn't be an issue, it really depends on the personality of the chin.

As far as transporting multiples, when I bring my pairs to playtime I use a plastic cat carrier. They readily jump into it from their cage (just hold it up against the open door) and then when I'm done with playtime I kind of block them off in a corner and only allow them to go out into the carrier. Or else you can put a little dust in the carrier too and they should readily jump into it.

We use the plastic dust bath houses to move them. They will both jump in ..sort of smoosh together poke their noses out and watch as they get walked to the bathroom for playtime. To get them back we just wait until they both get in together and then scoop up the dust house.

I wasn't planning on taking them out yet, I was just kind of asking in advance. The carrier or dust bath house sound like good ideas. I do hope that they can both fit into my bath house. I imagine it would be a tight fit, Lol!
Rickman - Yes, they are both males. They had already bonded before I had even purchased them from the breeder. I will introduce them in a new thread as soon as I get some good pics. One of them is still a little scared, so I will wait til he's settled in a bit more.

I have 2 chins and one jumps onto my one arm and another onto my other arm and off they go to play time =)

Back