Toys your chin just won't touch

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toys your chin doesn't like!

• Loofah

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • Pumice (stupid thing to list, maybe?)

Votes: 41 39.8%
  • Willow "things" (i.e. stars, balls, etc)

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • Cholla

Votes: 24 23.3%
  • Chubba slices

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Octillo

Votes: 15 14.6%
  • Yucca

Votes: 15 14.6%
  • Grapevine

• Hazelnut

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Manzanita

Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Wicker "things" (i.e. wreaths, balls, etc)

• Mulberry

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • Pecan

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • Cottonwood

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Other - please mention!

Votes: 14 13.6%

• Total voters
Scoops wants nothing to do with coconut. She threw it out of her cage the first chance she had. Other than that and pumice she loves just about anything.

Sprocket tries everything at least once. She has a pumices cube that she's chewed half way through and hasn't touched since (except to knock it off her shelf). When we first gave her loofah, she went nuts over it, and now, she won't touch it. Some days she'll go nuts over a piece of loofah, other days, she won't even look at it. Pretty much how it goes with all sticks and toys.
I guess I need make the toys disappear for a while, then reintroduce them after a week or two.

Chia doesn't have much interest in Mulberry wood, but I think it's only because she's come to expect apple, and is disappointed (the same is true for shreddies versus any other treat.) If I leave the mulberry in the cage for a while, she'll eventually eat it.

She also loves anything she can carry. I find the pieces she tends to chew less are the ones that are heavy, or attached to the cage.

One treat she hates is hibiscus flower. I gave it to her once, and it went down like this: She grabbed it from me, sniffed it and made a weird face... and then dropped it and RAN AWAY. I picked it up and tried to give it to her again, and she kept running away. I left it in the cage for an hour or so, and when I came back it was shredded and she'd tossed half of onto the floor. I haven't tried again lol.

Rosey hates grapevine. One time I bought her a dozen grapevine balls....worst purchase ever....she just threw them down into her woodchips and completely ignored them. I only get willow balls for her now!

I originally voted that my chin hates loofa, but I think she's had a change of heart. Maybe her tastes changes as she gets older...

One thing I can't get Sesame to take as a treat is a Cheerio. She will sniff it and then toss it away. I've even tried leaving it in her food bowl and elsewhere, hoping that she would accept it, but so far no luck. She loves shredded wheaties, but seems to detest Cheerios. How odd...

Back