Toys your chin just won't touch

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toys your chin doesn't like!

• Loofah

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • Pumice (stupid thing to list, maybe?)

Votes: 41 39.8%
  • Willow "things" (i.e. stars, balls, etc)

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • Cholla

Votes: 24 23.3%
  • Chubba slices

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Octillo

Votes: 15 14.6%
  • Yucca

Votes: 15 14.6%
  • Grapevine

• Hazelnut

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Manzanita

Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Wicker "things" (i.e. wreaths, balls, etc)

• Mulberry

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • Pecan

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • Cottonwood

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Other - please mention!

Votes: 14 13.6%

• Total voters
Actually there is something that Buster hates and that's those little fleece pillow buddies... he pees on them and then kicks them to the bottom of his cage so I've stopped giving them to him. Was just trying to make his hidey house more comfy. All the other boys love their pillows though.

None of my chins like cholla. I always end up throwing it away. Any thing from the petstore, I wouldn't really know becuase, I don't buy it.
One thing not listed is pine pieces. Plain or colored, they just don't care for them.

My males love everything. They dont care as long as they can chew it. One of my females is super picky though. She is pretty much apple sticks, pumice, any other wood and coconut shells, thats it. She wont touch any colored wood though.

for the most part gizmo loves every wood ive given him.

but the first thing that came to my mind when i saw the title was this:

APPLE

he hates his fleece apple, its the one toy that he hates to get in his way. lol

for the most part gizmo loves every wood ive given him.

but the first thing that came to my mind when i saw the title was this:

APPLE

he hates his fleece apple, its the one toy that he hates to get in his way. lol

Oh, Gizmo's apple... I love the video of him hating on it!

Mine love loofah, willow, cardboard/bitty bagels, cholla, and bamboo shredders. They love cheerios too.

Some of mine don't touch pumice (either from the pet store or the softer/white pumice). And some won't use wood pine blocks to chew, but they chew their pine ledges.
All but one of mine will not chew apple sticks - only the bark. Strange chinnies. ;)

My chin absolutely DESPISES pumice. The first time I gave it to him he picked it up, sniffed it, and glared at me as to say "Really mom? Where'd you get this crap!" and I was under the impression it was a huge hit among chins! Not mine at least...

None of my chins like cholla. I always end up throwing it away. Any thing from the petstore, I wouldn't really know becuase, I don't buy it.
One thing not listed is pine pieces. Plain or colored, they just don't care for them.

Watson devours chola like he's a termite! The first time I gave it to him, I left the room and came back 5 minutes later and he had chewed it into tiny little pieces even though it the chola stick was a good 6" long! He takes his time with the apple wood though haha.

For me it should be what DO they like! They don't like half of the wood I've tried, so far we have success with apple, pear, willow and mulberry. I think they liked Octillo and like to tear the grapevine wood. They only like natural white loofah, and the vine products have to have something on/in them! They chew pumice sometimes, not too often, they like to rub their faces on it, same with Blue Cloud rock.

My guys just aren't a fan of sycamore, or pumice. Pine on a toy, eh, but if it's a pine ledge, they chew it up like no tomorrow. Go figure! Snots. lol

the only thing my girl won't touch is finger traps. and my male will touch and destroy anything toy related. he is in love with the little willow balls though lol

My girls don't like anything that's not wicker or willow.. It gets pricy fast when it comes to getting them toys.. They go threw the wicker and willow with in hours. I found some bigger ones that we started carrying at work that last time a few weeks.

My chinchillas typically don't like the wicker type toys. They usually will nibble on them a bit then throw them around the cage like a toss toy, lol.

neither of my boys like the finger traps. Rhino won't touch grapewood (haven't tried grape vine with him yet). Guss isn't a big chewer to begin with, so his interest in everything is pretty blase. my home-processed apple wood gets chewed by both boys, with Rhino liking it a lot more than Guss. anything willow gets absolutely shredded in minutes by Rhino! lol. loofah has to be coloured/flavoured with koolaid before either will touch it, and most of the time they end up kicking it into their litter pans after a nibble or two, regardless of the flavour. birdie bagels are a hit with both. pumice is touch and go, sometimes Rhino will chew it up, sometimes it gets ignored. yucca is liked by both, but Rhino likes it more than Guss.

such picky boys......... lol!

Latest posts

Back