Toys from ChinOnTheRocks.com?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know my chins only like toys with natural wood and bark. All you can do is buy it and try it, most of us have wasted boat loads of money on toys chins hate, LOL. I found that if they won't chew it in the cage, I will put the toy in the play pen and then they will chew it. I have lots of the stone perches and they really dig those.

There was a time when folks were pretty rabid about popsicle sticks as toys. They were felt to splinter pretty easily and there were a couple chins who ended up with those splinters in their gums and/or tongue. I've pretty much avoided them for that reason, not wanting to risk it.

Bird on the Rocks, otherwise, is a reputable company that lots of people on here have bought from.

I've never purchased anything other than the flagstone or manzanita perches from chin/birdontherocks.com. I will say that what I've purchased from them is really well made and I'm lucky to live a mile from them so I save $$ on shipping :)).

I'm lucky to live a mile from them so I save $$ on shipping :)).

Do they let you pick it up? I've been wanting to place an order, but may have to hold off for next time I'm in the burbs.

Do they let you pick it up? I've been wanting to place an order, but may have to hold off for next time I'm in the burbs.

Yep! I have his cell somewhere whenever you're ready I can call him and we can both go over to his place if you'd like. :))

Yep! I have his cell somewhere whenever you're ready I can call him and we can both go over to his place if you'd like. :))

It will probably be a few months, but that would be great :)

that Wiki Woo toy has plastic beads at the top of it, and so do a couple other chin toys on their site.
Yikes, I didn't even notice that.

Tunes: There was a time when folks were pretty rabid about popsicle sticks as toys. They were felt to splinter pretty easily and there were a couple chins who ended up with those splinters in their gums and/or tongue. I've pretty much avoided them for that reason, not wanting to risk it.

I appreciate the warning, Tunes. And thanks for the responses everyone.

Back