Took Bed Out Of Bedroom To Create Chin Room

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinwawa

Besotted Chinchilla Lover
Well I have been sleeping in the livingroom so I can leave the ac on in the bedroom for the chins. The ac in my living room does not blow right on me like in the bedroom. I am very comfortable and sleep out there like a log.

All of a sudden I realized that I did not need the bed in the bedroom and that I could take it out and create a chin room! I am single and live on my own in a roomy one bedroom apartment. There are some advantages to not having a significant other...I can do exactly what I want without having to ask anyone else for permission. LOL

Out went the bed and here are pictures of the big play area my chins have. Also pictures of my rehomes in their very first tube ever.

The white is Angel, the ebony is Destiny and they end up in the tube together.

Hope you all enjoy.

Attachments

• Full Play Area.jpg
    Full Play Area.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 79
  • Angel In Tube.jpg
    Angel In Tube.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 70
  • Destiny Close Up Tube.jpg
    Destiny Close Up Tube.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Destiny & Angel In Tube.jpg
    Destiny & Angel In Tube.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Angel Fat Close Up.jpg
    Angel Fat Close Up.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 61
Soon my rehomes will have their own FN142 and I can get them OFF OF NEWSPAPER. But for now at least I was able to give them everything new in the cage they came with.

Nothing remains from when I got them. The last wire shelf that you can see here has been romoved and they have two manzanita branches so they can climb up and down without falling down from the top of the cage. They still have the wooden ladder. :)

I want to end up with two FN142s side by side. I have a work/storage area and an emergency Marchioro cage in the room too.

If I need/want, I could have a third cage someday. My bedroom seems so huge without the bed! I am thrilled to have ended up with a real chin room.

Faye

Attachments

• Both Cages Full New.jpg
    Both Cages Full New.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
What lucky chins! And I do SO agree with you that there is definitely an advantage if you have no significant other lol!

Chinwawa - I have been sleeping on my couch for 5 years now. My "bedroom" is the spare chinroom where I keep all my weanlings and a lot of my nursing mom's, so I can handle the babies more. I love my couch!

Good job on the chin room - I'm sure they are very happy. :)

Phew! Laurie and Tunes I am so glad to find other people who understand how happy I am to sleep on couch.

I LOVE CnH.

what a good chin mommy.........you gave up your bedroom for the little critters!

sometimes i wish i didnt have a significant other. i would turn his kids room into my chin room in a heartbeat! after all they are only there every other weekend!

Lol...I took the bed out of 'my' room about 3 years ago and have been sleeping in the living room or in the garage since.

Beds do take ups quite a bit of room that could be better purposed spoiling chins! :D

You guys are crazy! lol I love my bed too much. That being said, I just sleep in the room with my chinnies. The lul of chewing and wheel running puts me to sleep every night.

My bed and I are friends. It is not going anywhere. However, Shelly's cage is right next to my bed. I listen to her chew and jump all night long. I sleep better when she is next to me.

I love that your chins are spoiled enough to get the bedroom! That is too funny.I hope they appreciate their space :)

Back