To all the members in Missouri, and surrounding storm areas.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LovinTheSmallAndFurry

I hope that all of you are okay, and have not accrued any damage to your houses/properties. Sending good thoughts to you and your loved ones.

:hug:

Last edited:
I have a house in Alma, and a house in Clarksville (AR). We were in Clarksville last night, Clarksville got hit pretty hard, tornado got quite a bit of downtown. I actually SAW one just to the north of us, first tornado I've ever seen. I know the power is out in Alma but I dont know how bad the house got hit.

Joplin's damage has been really scary. We're not very close to them, but we've been having a lot of storms. (it's not super close, but it's also only a few hours away) I feel so sad for all those who have died and been affected. I hope everyone stays safe! Oh, and I strongly recommend having a weather radio, they can literally be a life saver. :)

I can relate; I live in Alabama, and quite a bit of damage in April occurred just a couple miles from me. It was the first time I was so close to one, and it was terrifying.

I'm just amazed that tornadoes are still continuing to happen....

Here is a picture from downtown Kansas City taken evening before last. Looks like something out of Ghost Busters.

kc.jpg

Oh yikes, Laura! Is that the actual coloring? I've heard the skies go green before a twister, but JEEZE!

I didn't take the picture...I'm about 2 1/2 hours South of KC. That is from one of their news stations up there...and yes, that's the actual coloring. The storms yesterday were worse that the evening the picture was taken. Yesterday there were several tornados that touched down around the areas up there from what I understand.

Cathy Kane would be able to tell better the extent of what's going on up that way.

Back in '99 our house was demolished by a tornado, and yes, the skies do go green. I need to scan some of those pictures to share.

The Kansas City metro area did not have tornados touch down but funnel clouds rotated over the city and area most of the day. I got strong wind, hail and heavy rain in Belton. A couple of tornados touched down close to KC and Sedalia had bad damage.

That is so scary. We've had the sirens go off twice this week, but nothing like that. Stay safe!

Omaha has been missing all the action! Usually we have had several times where the sirens have gone off by now, but nothing! We did have quarter sized hail a week ago, but other than that we have only had 3 or so thunderstorms, which is really surprising. I am missing the thunderstorms, but I am glad we haven't had any tornados!

Thankfully my chins live in the basement where we wouldn't need to move them in case of a tornado, they are about 10 feet from where my family goes when there's a tornado.

I hope all these horrible tornados stop hitting populated areas!!

Back