Timmy pellets

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smhluvsmh

Whisker Kisses Addict
Is there a benefit to feeding a Timmy pellet? I noticed, while cruising the vendor section:thumbsup:, that Susan sells a Timmy pellet. I have 2 of my girls that are not big hay eaters. I have tried many types/brands of hay to try and get them to eat more. Nope! Should I try the Timmy pellet? Can it be used as a primary pellet or just to supplement hay? Are there any other benefits/disadvantages to using that pellet? They tear apart hay cubes, but very little, if any, is eaten because I have a nice handful of debris to clean up when I give them those.:impatient:

Last edited:
If you are wanting to use it to supplement the hay, you could try. It definitely isn't going to work as a replacement for your pellets, of course, since it's just timothy hay and has no added vitamins or minerals at all.

Have you ever tried timothy or timothy/alfalfa hay cubes? Sometimes chins really enjoy those and actually eat them as opposed to the plain alfalfa that some chins enjoy shredding.

Thanks ticklechin!
Susan...I believe the only cubes I have tried are alfalfa. Maybe I'll give the cubes and pellets a try. Do you also sell the cubes? I can't remember from when I was window shopping.

Back